How to respond for this English question (1 Viewer)

xibu34

HSC
I'm having trouble forming a response for this question:

"The creation of texts which converse with existing works requires more ingenuity than simply starting fresh. The push beyond dependency and restriction is where it starts to get interesting."

My prescribed texts are Hag-seed and The Tempest, could anybody shoot me some ideas of what my paragraphs or arguments could be ?

Last edited:

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC
"The creation of texts which converse with existing works requires more ingenuity than simply starting fresh. The push beyond dependency and restriction is where it starts to get interesting."

My prescribed texts are Hag-seed and The Tempest, could anybody shoot me some ideas of what my paragraphs or arguments could be ?
Ingenuity is basically creativity
- how atwood has to reimagine aspects of the tempest and stay relvent with contemporary audiences
- e.g Mirandas character into miranda and anne marie is an example which u might have in ur essay already
- how she reframes imprisonment as something that continues to be literal and metaphorical
push beyond dependecy and restriction
- her context is also not limiting her in her representation + she is more progressive (whereas shakepeares head would get chopped off if he really gave caliban a good ending to spread some sort of message challenging values at the time)
- she challenges the singular narrative (this is a good idea to talk about) presented by shakepeare through this textual conversation
- as usualy module a so heavy focus on influence of context on purpose
u can still have ur normal essay but just focus on the parts of the question
e.g
-feminist lens could work bc she really refracts mirandas represntation
- imprisonment could work as u look at how she reimagines imprisonment in a secular context as something more pshycological, or also literal depeding on if u want this idea to be linked with 'the other'
- colonisation and caliban who "escapes the play" because reading hagseed provides new insights into the open endedness of the play than what we would gotten have otherwise
- transformation - vengeance to virtue, and how that is also represented between felix and prospero

ofc u would need to tie in form, as her postmodern pastiche is how she acheives this, through metafictive elements which ultimately she is able to create a whole new text, whilst also commemorating the tempest, but ultimately requiring a lot of ingenuity as otherwise no one want to read the same as story

jebair

HSC
what kind of questions have you been gettin this year?

xibu34

HSC
- how atwood has to reimagine aspects of the tempest and stay relvent with contemporary audiences
- e.g Mirandas character into miranda and anne marie is an example which u might have in ur essay already
- how she reframes imprisonment as something that continues to be literal and metaphorical
- her context is also not limiting her in her representation + she is more progressive (whereas shakepeares head would get chopped off if he really gave caliban a good ending to spread some sort of message challenging values at the time)
- she challenges the singular narrative (this is a good idea to talk about) presented by shakepeare through this textual conversation
e.g
- imprisonment could work as u look at how she reimagines imprisonment in a secular context as something more pshycological, or also literal depeding on if u want this idea to be linked with 'the other'
- colonisation and caliban who "escapes the play" because reading hagseed provides new insights into the open endedness of the play than what we would gotten have otherwise
- transformation - vengeance to virtue, and how that is also represented between felix and prospero

ofc u would need to tie in form, as her postmodern pastiche is how she acheives this, through metafictive elements which ultimately she is able to create a whole new text, whilst also commemorating the tempest, but ultimately requiring a lot of ingenuity as otherwise no one want to read the same as story
thanks very much, the question is pretty convoluted tbh so I was finding it hard to structure.

nsw..wollongong

HSC
e.g

then u have the nerve to say ur not good at english 🤨

xibu34

HSC
if u don't ace this exam ill be disappointed
to be honest I still don't think anybody will do that well. The gaps between lower ranked schools with the top schools are so big that we could know the question beforehand and still do bad lol.

nsw..wollongong

HSC
to be honest I still don't think anybody will do that well. The gaps between lower ranked schools with the top schools are so big that we could know the question beforehand and still do bad lol.
isn't this ur trials tho?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)