How to stay motivated (1 Viewer)

rziegenfusz

HSC
Hey guys!
I am specifically speaking to past students here but anyone with any advice would be so helpful!
Well after school i wish to do teaching, always have always will, i am a student who is more then capable of receiving an ATAR of 85+ however due to the low mark required to do teaching i find myself thinking i will still get into it without doing much/if any work. The low ATAR requirements is the only thing turning me off this and making it hard to stay motivated.
Any ideas/feedback would be great :smile:

Last edited:

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Wow, you sound exactly like me:) Although I am currently not studying an education degree, I know that it will definitely be a second career later on down the track. I think perhaps you should broaden your options a bit more, for example, teaching don't necessarily have to be in a secondary or primary school context, it can be in a university context as a lecturer or in another professional field where you educate others about particular knowledge about the job or nature of your work. Perhaps you should analyse the particular qualities you are good at and expand the possibilities of your future career, there is no need to narrow it down so strictly:) And I think the best motivator at the end of the day would be to get the best HSC results you can rather than just aiming to get an ATAR to get into the course:) Best wishes for your HSC:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)