How to structure a Speeches essay? (1 Viewer)

Validity

HSC
is it structured by values? reception? i have no idea

humbletaco

HSC
N/A
Completely depends what the question is. Basically, I'd go about mentioning the fundamentals for the crux of my essay - context/audience, purpose, ideas and values, techniques. In this way you are aiming to communicate to the essay marker that Speeches by Keating or Pearson or Bandler communicate values and ideas of human aspiration/personal beliefs through the use rhetorical techniques/devices (decorum, pathos, intertextuality, allusions, metaphors etc) to GAUGE the audience's attention so that they create an affinity WITH the orator's beliefs and the values they are addressing. Mention how the orator also influences their beliefs towards the audience through the use of context, so using past or present references to issues that may impact them and corroborate or add to the profundity of the speech.

Hope that helped

lisarhhh

HSC
Completely depends what the question is. Basically, I'd go about mentioning the fundamentals for the crux of my essay - context/audience, purpose, ideas and values, techniques. In this way you are aiming to communicate to the essay marker that Speeches by Keating or Pearson or Bandler communicate values and ideas of human aspiration/personal beliefs through the use rhetorical techniques/devices (decorum, pathos, intertextuality, allusions, metaphors etc) to GAUGE the audience's attention so that they create an affinity WITH the orator's beliefs and the values they are addressing. Mention how the orator also influences their beliefs towards the audience through the use of context, so using past or present references to issues that may impact them and corroborate or add to the profundity of the speech.

Hope that helped
hey your explanation on how to approach module b was really helpful ! but i was wondering in terms of structuring your paragraphs, would it be better to synthesise the speeches together in relation to similar ideas or would it be more effective to talk about each speech in one paragraph?

gloria123

HSC
hey your explanation on how to approach module b was really helpful ! but i was wondering in terms of structuring your paragraphs, would it be better to synthesise the speeches together in relation to similar ideas or would it be more effective to talk about each speech in one paragraph?
structure by values/themes (thats what my teacher said)
it shows more complexity if you can compare/contrast/link the speeches you are writing about in your essay, so structuring by values will help you do that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)