How to study for bio (1 Viewer)

helloxdxd

HSC
so like I remember during prelims, I lost marks due to really really stupid errors like no mentioning something that the question need to get that mark? I know all the content pretty well and Memorise all the notes school gives me but still end up loosing really stupid marks last year? Should I like do more questions or study the marking criteria? how would you guys suggest I fix this?

like for example: there was a question that asks gave a 3 images taken 3 different microscopes and asked which was best to view how cells react to external stimuli. I got the correct microscope right but then you were supposed to name all 3? Like I thought the question was asking for which one was correct not not allocating marks for naming each one of them? its stuff like this I loose marks on hopefully it makes sense

Last edited:

Nacseo

Newest Member
HSC
1641952676317.png

About how to answer questions based on marks, this sheet could really help you know what to write depending on the question the way it helped me.

The first problem is that your memorising notes. The HSC is 90% application so instead of memorising notes try to understand the content, that way it won’t matter how they twist the question, you will be able to answer it. Simply memorising means that you won’t be able to answer a question if they alter it in a way you’ve never seen before

you mentioned that you struggled to answer the microscope question because of not adding the needed content to your answer. Often the best way to do this is to check the marks of a question. If it has a large amount of marks then you need to not only talk about why this microscope is the best option but also talk about the other microscopes and why they are an inferior option.

you really develop this skill by completely understanding the content and developing your skill of answering exam questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)