How to study for Half Yearlies? (1 Viewer)

laviloki

HSC
Hello,

My half yearlies are 3.5 weeks from now and am beginning to properly study for them.

At the moment, I just have my notes and have printed them out and am reading them, however I have been told that this isn't a good way and instead should be doing past test papers and questions from textbooks.

When should I do the tests? Because there is a lot of questions in my text for Business Studies for example which I am not able to answer easily, so should I Just do the questions and fill them in with the answers from the textbook?

How do you guys study for tests like the Yearlies?

Thanks

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
The point is to practice past papers and use your own knowledge, not the textbook...

will1997

HSC
Past papers is the most effective way to study for your half-yearly/yearly exams, yet your study notes enables you to grasp onto particular concepts and terminology of the subject. In order to do well, you must get a feel for the type of questions you will be answering on the day. This being said, developing skills to approach certain questions is vital for your exams. Spend your time with both your study notes and past papers.

Last edited:

anohana

HSC
Is there a masterpost for prelim half yearly papers?

anohana

HSC
I found papers for like maths and science but economics anyone?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)