How to study for Japanese Extension? (1 Viewer)

Catberry

HSC
N/A
Hi,
I was just wondering how should I study for Japanese extension? I know to watch the film and to analyse it, remember vocab and do writing tasks e.t.c. but but how else should I study?
I'm finding it difficult to remember the vocab so I does anyone have any tips?

cadd1ct

The Chess Addict
HSC
Uni Grad
I know to watch the film and to analyse it
Yes you should keep your analysis on soft copy and continually add to it as you keep discussing in class. The extracts prescribed for Okuribito are ridiculously long in my opinion though... much longer than Chihiro (previous text).

remember vocab and do writing tasks e.t.c. but but how else should I study
Remembering vocab is hard unless you continously use it... so the best way to remember vocab is probably to practice writing as often as possible i.e 1 essay a week.

Personally I made brief summaries of each big theme and then paragraph summaries of each sub-topic in English (so that I can brainstorm ideas quickly) then translated the vocabulary manually into Japanese and then checked with my teacher to make sure that the context makes sense. I found that manually translating this way helped with memory, as opposed to you just memorising off a big vocab list given to you (just like in maths you can't really remember formulas until you use them).

The rest was just writing essays and doing a heck load of speaking recorded so I can check my pronounciation... and of course errors. Dx

The night before the exam I also rewatched the extract a few times to jot down any extra film techniques etc. and add them to my 'database' so that they might come in handy (this worked for me because it was all fresh in my mind).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)