How To Study!! (1 Viewer)

RNN-A-MUK

HSC
hey... just wandering how yous study for economics and what you think is the best way to study for it especially in half yearly period?

thancx

Loz_metalhead

HSC
I have notes for topic one but they're not great so im going to go through the text book and just highlighting the key terms.

I have typed notes for exchange rates and protection. My teacher is really good and has basically summarised everything for us so I will also read off her notes.

I'm a bit worried about the extended responses as you have to interpret what the question is really asking and then give a heap of indepth analysis.

My economics exam is on monday. Goodluck

:wave:

Last edited:

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
well... topic 1 and 2 is examined.... ummm i dunt realli like topic 1... so i just learnt the concepts as it was, dry as hell!!!

then topic 2... is where u can interlink everything togethr... BOP with the Exchange rate etc... i reckon if you can discuss these concepts to yourself and everything effects one another... you'd do fine... just remember the simple things.. like if there was an appreciation of the AUD due to an increase in demand,... it shift to the right... and for increase in supply... shift left... jus easy stuff...

try and link the key concepts... how the exchange rate will effect the BOP, umm exchange rate fluctuations and there effects on Australia's economy... learn the factors affecting supply and demand of $A which is usualli.. if u didnt know... speculators, exporters, importers, finance and investors and tourism... just a brief run down....

dunt try and remember someone elses notes.. like the stuff from this stuf... it wont help u whatsoever.. unless u got a photographic memory... and rememebr when ur studying and what ur studying is actualli happening in the economy todai... so you will b able to back it up with statistics and see these things happening... like RBA intervention etc. interest rates. monetary policy and fiscal policy by the government...

see im just saying this stuff from the top of your head... just get a fair idea... if you know your shit... you'll do well mate... and if your failing... its not right... cuz as my teacher says... a person from the bus stop can pass an exam.... so that alwaiz acts as a motivation for me in a funny kind of way :p

Relate the economic concepts to real life situations... so you'll remember them!! :)

hope it helped??
and make sure your confident for the exam... dunt get drained out etc... cuz it['ll fuck u up...

Loz_metalhead

HSC
I'm being tested up to and including inflation. Topic 1 was terrible...In my opinion BOP and exchange rates are the most interesting so far.

Dimorphic

HSC
My exam is tomorrow and all I do is read through notes and do a few practice tests from the back of the Excel book. Good Luck all your exams, IMO Economics is going to be the hardest one I do.

s2indie

HSC
With my exam i made my study notes according to the syllabus with PLENTY of statistics and yeh since my extended response was on the CAD i did a few practices on that.
The economics exam was so long, my hand was about to fall off.
3 Short Answer sections when they were page long questions - they were NOT SHORT answers, it was like mini essays.
And when we told him how hard it was, he just laughed it off.
So hope you guys have better luck in the exam than I did.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I typed up my notes quite a while ago, read through them as the exam approached, practised a couple of essays on external stability (we were lucky to be told it was this topic), ended out doing pretty good. If you know your work well, then you should be set for the exam.

RNN-A-MUK

HSC
my exam is on monday and it is based on topic 1.. i do economics at tafe and it is no where near as good as school.. topic 1 sucks big time aye sooo boring

Loz_metalhead

HSC
Only topic one? How lucky:mad1:

Goodluck, im sure you will do fine.

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
topic one aint that interesting.. im finding this unit 3 work pretty interesting.. especially inflation...

good luck all

Dimorphic

HSC
Exchange rates are my fav topic in eco, I understand it fully, I jst finished my eco exam, I think I went well.

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
yeh,.. readin the newspaper is pretty useful... SMH or even The Australian Financial Review... pretty good when the new stats come out for inflation etc.. cuz they discuss the issues etc..

Dragie

HSC
I just did my half yearlys for eco today - yay! I'm DONE! Ahhh now just relaxing and bludging :p. I found it quite do-able so I'm happy with what I did.

To study - just follow the syllabus dot points, that's all you can do to make sure you study relevant concepts and the most tested ideas.
:) Good luck!

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
Dragie said:
I just did my half yearlys for eco today - yay! I'm DONE! Ahhh now just relaxing and bludging :p. I found it quite do-able so I'm happy with what I did.

To study - just follow the syllabus dot points, that's all you can do to make sure you study relevant concepts and the most tested ideas.
:) Good luck!
Congratulations... :)

now that u've finishd... do u get an early holiday?
what did they ask for the two extended responses?
for mine it was about the case study... and the CAD.. i was expectin maybe something ont he exchange rate... but he put that mostly in the short answers...

nitro.vo

HSC
learn definitions.

If you know your definitions, you can understand questions alot more easily.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)