How to succeed after bad trials? (1 Viewer)

jellyweetbix

HSC
So, I got the last of my trial results back today, and I'm not sure where to go from here, even in the subject I was most confident in, SORII, was pretty average at 67/100

I've worked really hard all year and have been at the top of my class for most of my subjects for take-home assessments, but the hsc isn't a take-home assessment, of course, I'm really feeling that exam anxiety and I have no doubt it'll only get worse the closer we get to the hsc, my complete results are:

Modern history: 61/100
Ancient history: 76/100
Ext history: 35/50
Geography: 67/100
SORII: 67/100

I wish I had more comprehensive rankings to add, but all I know is I was joint first in Ancient, and either second or first in Geography. On my report card, my rankings had been between 1-3 in my class (it's a small school!) I'm not looking for a super high atar since I'm not going into medicine or anything like that, just something to assume my spot, which would be about a 75, do you think it's possible, even if I only do slightly better on the hsc than my trials?

Thankyou for reading :)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Considering this information, I believe that your ATAR goal is reasonable and within reach. Despite your seemingly unfavourable marks, your ranks appear to be promising in terms of getting you closer to your desired ATAR. Beyond this point, your task is to ensure that you prepare for your HSC exams to the best of your abilities, which will hopefully allow you to maximise your performance and ultimately achieve your ATAR goal.

Additionally, an important thing to do is to determine areas of improvement in each of your subjects by identifying mistakes that you have made in your trial exams and then work on addressing these in order to support your preparations. Doing so could involve one or both of the following:
  • Seek assistance/advice from your teachers, your peers and/or on here regarding particular concepts that you may not be fully comfortable with as well as actions required to improve.
  • Revise the more challenging concepts in each of your subjects and then complete similar practice questions (for example, from past HSC exam papers) in an attempt to enhance your ability to apply your knowledge and understanding of the content. Subsequently, you can seek feedback on the quality of your responses and implement suggestions where needed.
I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)