How to treat split ends? (1 Viewer)

loolee

HSC
I haven't been to a salon for almost half year. And my hair tips are now already showing dead and split ends (due to several perm and colouring in the past). It look so disgusting on the day.

I tried to use VO5 hot oil and silk serum. I think they do nothing.

I'm wondering, do Kerstase work better or just the same? Do I really need to trim every month to treat my hair instead?

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
The only way to fix ends which are already split is to have them cut off. You really should try to make sure you get a hair cut about once a month, to stop it from happening and to keep your hair healthy. Treatments can only really delay the splitting: and definitely not for six months.

While you're there you can get advice on this stuff.

Last edited:

zehurricane

Capitalism, Ho!
HSC
Just go to a hairdresser and trim the dead and wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner (Not the cheap brand one) every day or 2 days. Your hair be back to normal in a week or two.

loolee

HSC
ok thanks guys...I guess the only way to get rid the split ends is by trimming it....

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I haven't had the bottom of my hair cut for quite a few months now, because my hairdresser says the ends are healthy (yay!).

But yeah once they're split, they're split and they need to be trimmed. Treat your hair well, use a nourishing shampoo and conditioner, if you're going to be blow drying or straightening use a protecting treatment or leave in conditioner. Also, try to limit the blow drying and straightening. It makes your hair brittle so it splits more. Don't brush it when it's wet- combing only. Use a boar bristle brush when it's dry, so the oils get distributed all over your hair.

Be nice to your hair.

bv

HSC
scarybunny said:
I Don't brush it when it's wet- combing only. Use a boar bristle brush when it's dry, so the oils get distributed all over your hair.

Be nice to your hair.
haha brush my hair when its dry.. lol good luck with that..

btw keratase treatment is really good when ur hair is dry and brittle .. love the stuff

princesssmegan

HSC
Henna wax is also really good for keeping your hair healthy. You can just get it from the chemist. It doesn't say this on the container but if you wash your hair then put it in wrap your head in a warm towel so it really soaks in.

~kiki

HSC
definately just get your hair trimmed. Spit ends can actually begin to spread up the length of the hair...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)