How to Unstress :) (1 Viewer)

tennille

HSC
As you all know, the HSC is extremely stressful :p. So, I was thinking that we should create a thread based on how fellow HSCers "unstress" themselves when they are stressed. This might help others to relax as well. :)

You don't have to be a current year 12 student, so feel free to jot your ideas down. :)

So how do you stop yourself from stressing (eg. listen to music, etc)?

The last thing you want to do is stress to the point that you blank out during the exams.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Ok Tennille, Ive got IPT and Legal 2moro
6 hours of exams!
dont stress? :eek:

I'm going out afterwards so im looking forward to that :D

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
  • Switch subjects when one gets too tiring - although I find studying more effective if I switch only after I finished one task of one subject.
  • Have your windows open, or take a walk for fresh air.
  • Don't sit down or stare at the computer for more than a couple of hours without getting up.
  • Drink plenty of water.
  • Try to stay calm - I find that when I walk into an exam believing that I've studied sufficiently, and that I'll know what to write, I actually find the exam easier. :)
Bad advice, Argo. *shakes head*

fakingtheday

HSC
Take amphetamines, it will help you concentrate and pick up those extra marks.

When in study periods, disrupt others so they don't learn while you aren't.

Don't study, study is for the weak.

That is all.

HSC
N/A
I remember getting some great advice from friends last year (by the way, great thread Tennille!), one of which was "It's not about doing it well enough, it's about doing as much as you can/as well as you can".

Try to be realistic, and studybuddies are the best :D Failing that, Dreamerish had some great points which we should all follow (YES! Even if you are a Uni student). And if you ever get stuck, BOS is always here - I spent many a happy hour discussing english modules last year :)

Tip - leave all your spam in NS so the "academic" forums can remain academic - that way you won't feel bad, and you'll keep the mood of the forums productive :)

Danni07

happy little vegemite
HSC
As corny as it sounds, take 10 deep breaths in through your nose then out through your mouth. It does work if you're stressing bad and just need to stop all the worries going through your head.
Also, I've found that when I stress, I can't get a proper night's sleep, so I've been taking st johns wart, it's a calmative (is that even a word?) and it works quite well.

tennille

HSC
Yeah, I've heard of St. John's Wart. There is also Valerian which helps if you're having trouble sleeping. I've never taken it and I never intend to because the tablet is massive and smells like feet. :(

Ginko Biloba is good to keep you alert and helps your memory. :)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Don't really do much study. Worked great for me, I was never stressed during the HSC.

Pokute-san

≧∀≦
HSC
Visit the toilet more often. It releases a whole lot of stress. The hard solid ones release the most stress. You will thank your faeces after your exam: "Phew! Lucky I had released that big one before this English exam! I feel so much better! It feels as though a reat big weight has disappeared off my shoulder! So relieved I am!"

And with those extra liquid urine you had just release, not only do you feel less stressed, you also feel less worried and more confident to STUDY MORE!

Every toilet visit should be between 15mins<toilet<30mins. 30mins break in the toilet is a good time.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
that is disgusting.

Pokute-san

≧∀≦
HSC
Jago said:
that is disgusting.
How is it disgusting?

Don't tell me you don't poo everyday. YOU ARE UNHEALTHY.

Just by looking at the shape and texture of your poo(s), you can tell how stressed you've been. E.g, the more wrinkly and skinny it is, the more stressed you are. After seeing this, you will feel less stressed. Because you know you are release all this stress. You will feel more happy and unstressed.

If you haven't been poooing everyday, then you are in DEEP SHIT.

volition

arr.
HSC
lol. So are you suggesting that we visit the toilet every half an hour even during the exams? or just during study?

sugar_plum

HSC
Tennille said:
As you all know, the HSC is extremely stressful :p. So, I was thinking that we should create a thread based on how fellow HSCers "unstress" themselves when they are stressed. This might help others to relax as well. :)

You don't have to be a current year 12 student, so feel free to jot your ideas down. :)

So how do you stop yourself from stressing (eg. listen to music, etc)?

The last thing you want to do is stress to the point that you blank out during the exams.
there is no possible way to unstress
stressing is a part of the hsc
deal with it
like we all have to

Pokute-san

≧∀≦
HSC
volition said:
lol. So are you suggesting that we visit the toilet every half an hour even during the exams? or just during study?
During study. You can't possibly go during exams, can you?

tennille

HSC
sugar_plum said:
there is no possible way to unstress
stressing is a part of the hsc
deal with it
like we all have to
If you take a closer look, you'll realise that I completed my HSC last year. :)

And yes, there are ways to help youself relax.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
Excersise, and lots of it, and while your there, you can do some revision in your head, as you jog along, or whatever you're doing. Whenever i excersise. which was next to nothing before this year, i get heaps of energy, which helps me study lots. It can also work the otehr way though, sometimes im just a ball of energy, and im too distracted to study.

tennille

HSC
I found that eating things that I enjoyed helped me to relax and allowed me to concentrate on my studies.

Exercise is supposed to be good, as shellybelly087 mentioned. It gives you something else to concentrate on. :)

It's a pity I didn't do it often. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)