How to use [TEX][/TEX] latex format on BoS? (1 Viewer)

gamja

HSC
I was just wondering how I would paste the code in [e.g. \frac{1}{2}+\sin \left(\frac{\frac{\left(2n+1\right)}{2}\theta }{\:2sin\left(\frac{\theta }{2}\right)}\right) ] BoS with the latex formatting to make it come out as maths form?

[I'm just very confused with usage of latex in general goog doesn't help much]

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
You just need to paste the code between the two TEX elements that appear on the display when you click on the LaTeX function. Essentially, the TEX element without the slash indicates the start of a particular mathematical input. Once this input is complete, the TEX element with the slash sets an end to the input and therefore allows the maths to be displayed as intended. This is similar to the way in which quotes work. When a user is being quoted, the start of a quote is set using the QUOTE without a slash element, and the end of a quote is determined using the QUOTE with a slash element.

Applying this to the input that you have provided produces the following expression:

I hope this helps! :D

yanujw

HSC
If you are typing it in from scratch, I reccommend using the comment preview button as you are going in order to check that the code is being recognised correctly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)