how to use the casio fx-9860G AU calculator (1 Viewer)

marella

HSC
my exam is tomorrow and i still dont know how to use my calculator properly! my teacher pretends she knows how to use it, but has to refer to a book when i ask a question, and she wont let me borrow the book! i cant even find the cubed button or anything! totally lost, any tips would be greatly appreciated! thanks people!:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Leinad1

HSC
lol, im guessing its the same as mine, with the new natural display (ive scribbled over the model so i cant see what it is exactly)

for the cubed button you hit the x with the little square to its top right and yeah, enter in a 3 there or a 4 to get to the power of 4 etc etc.

umm yeah
make sure its set to deg mode, (the little D at the top of the screen) and for when you want to see your answers as a decimal hit the S<=>D button (bottom left, near AC)

alternatively to all this you can change it so that its like the old calulators, you do this by hitting shift, then mode (both are up top) then 2 and hey presto its just like your old calculator :p

hope this helps, gl

Hikari Clover

HSC
回复: how to use the casio fx-9860G AU calculator

wth.....
u ask this sort of Qs in 1 day b4 ur exam???

i couldnot find cubed button as well.......
sorry......
but it should be easy to work out cubed
to find 3^3
u can just press like 3x3x3

Leinad1

HSC
aight disregard mine, wrong calculator :p but yeah as Hikari said, for the power of (ie. cubed) just type your number, then press ^ and then type the number you want to to be of the power to (ie. 3 for cubed, 2 for squared)

Hikari Clover

HSC
回复: Re: how to use the casio fx-9860G AU calculator

wrong calculator??? :confused:

PC

HSC
N/A
Sorry ... I just got your message today.

If you've got any questions about the 9860, please let me know. I have one myself. I probably prefer the 9850, but the 9860 it works just as well.

There is no cubed button on the calculator, only a squared button (x2). But you can cube any number using the "power" button (^) which is right next to the squared button.

For example: 1.623
Press 1.62 [^] 3 [EXE]
Answer should be 4.251528

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)