How to work out my timetable (1 Viewer)

Terra_Niux

l337 h4x0r
HSC
N/A
Hey i'm trying to work out my timetable so I can follow it day by day but i'm getting confused, i'm doing ICT network and sys management.

For instance if I goto Algorithms and Problem Solving,

There are three tutorials at the same time

Tutorial Fri 15:30 17:30 67.301
Tutorial Fri 15:30 17:30 19.G024
Tutorial Fri 15:30 17:30 19.1002

Can someone please help me work out how i'd organise my timetable so I can follow it day by day but most importantly what these simultaneous tutorial's mean? Thanks.

Ninga

HSC
Probably 3 different tutorial groups. Im sure you'll get assigned to a tut class, or you get to enrol online sometime into the time slot you want, before they allocate you the class.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Terra_Niux said:
Hey i'm trying to work out my timetable so I can follow it day by day but i'm getting confused, i'm doing ICT network and sys management.

For instance if I goto Algorithms and Problem Solving,

There are three tutorials at the same time

Tutorial Fri 15:30 17:30 67.301
Tutorial Fri 15:30 17:30 19.G024
Tutorial Fri 15:30 17:30 19.1002

Can someone please help me work out how i'd organise my timetable so I can follow it day by day but most importantly what these simultaneous tutorial's mean? Thanks.
The search feature on this site is not just for show. :)

You choose one tutorial when enrollments for tutorials open on SOLS sometime in February. Since there are hundreds of students to work with, you cannot all sit in the one tutorial, as it's pointless to all of you. Therefore you have one tutorial a week, you choose it, and you attend it.

Terra_Niux

l337 h4x0r
HSC
N/A
Okay so if the database says

Contact Hours: 2 hours lecture+1 hours tutorial/lecture+3hours tutorial

I've gotta choose one of the 2 hour lectures and 1 tutorial for the week?

or 3 hours worth of tutorials and 1 lecture?

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
pam17 said:
Ask your friendly neighbourhood santaslayer.
The one hour lecture is a lecture/tutorial. You go to both lectures.
The Three hours of tutorials, which is new to me, means you choose one one hour tutorial and one two hour tutorial.

Easiest thing to do is not worry until tutorial enrolments begin on SOLS. All your questions will be answered by SOLS about how you're supposed to enrol. If you're supposed to choose two tutorials (one one hour and one two hour tutorial) then it'll tell you. :)

santaslayer

HSC
poloktim: Edit your FAQ to include stuff like this so our fellow first year collegues don't get all confuzzled. Then we can flame them and crucify them and throw poop at them if they repeat such a question.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
santaslayer said:
poloktim: Edit your FAQ to include stuff like this so our fellow first year collegues don't get all confuzzled. Then we can flame them and crucify them and throw poop at them if they repeat such a question.
Done, and done.

pam17

like heaven to touch
HSC
And when can we expect this revised edition of the FAQ? I for one, would highly appreciate it - although I appreciate the work you've already done. :)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I picked a flaw in the FAQ as soon as I started reading it. Its not university policy that you have to check your webmail at least once a week, its SOLS mail you have to check.....ner ner hehehe

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Ms 12 said:
I picked a flaw in the FAQ as soon as I started reading it. Its not university policy that you have to check your webmail at least once a week, its SOLS mail you have to check.....ner ner hehehe
Heh, if you check your Webmail, it'll tell you to check your SOLS mail. Even with the new system. One way or another, checking webmail beneficial, as long as it's not spam from certain lecturers telling people to join certain societies or go to certain user group meetngs.

Oh and Pam, the revision of the Timetabling part of the FAQ is done. I actually included an example similar to the problem posted here since I'm an uncreative untalented hack. :)

Last edited:

pam17

like heaven to touch
HSC
poloktim said:
Oh and Pam, the revision of the Timetabling part of the FAQ is done. I actually included an example similar to the problem posted here since I'm an uncreative untalented hack. :)
You're good Timmy, you're good. :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)