How to write a proper IEQTEL (1 Viewer)

Sameer

HSC
Can someone tell me how to write a proper IEQTEL. THIS online school thing is so hard to understand the work given by the teacher

vermillion

HSC
Not sure if this a soon-enough response, but IEQTELs are very simple. I've put an example of each to help with your understanding, but you'll need to be concise yet informative in your work, while making sure that it's cohesive.
I - Identify : the topic or the point you need to make
~~ The Crucible effectively portrays the impact emotions have on one's actions
E - Example : you need to see the text as a whole and find a general element that links to your point
~~ Throughout the play, Abigail Williams acts out on her anger which pushes her to act in a way that she believes will allow her to survive or punish others.
Q - Quote : find a more specific quote from the text that you can connect with the point that you're trying to make
~~ Abigail in chapter [chapter number] says, "[put the quote here]"
T - Technique : identify the technique used within the quote
~~ the [technique] shows that [or put a synonym for 'shows that' like 'reflects' or 'portrays' among others]
E - Explain : Look at your quote and technique and explain the effect of it
~~ Abigail is a vile character who has stopped at nothing to feed her anger, regardless of the impact she has on others [you need to elaborate more tho]
L - Link : Sum up your point and link back to the question
~~ Hence, The Crucible has effectively shown that emotions have a strong impact on the way an individual acts, such as though the example of Abigail Williams who acted on her survival instincts and emotions.[/quote]

hschelper01

HSC
This might help:

It's got examples + a PowerPoint that explains the process in detail.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)