How to write an analyse question? (1 Viewer)

anishaprasad

HSC
This is my question:

Analyse how effectively the Australian Legal System regulates digital technology in order to protect the privacy of individuals.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
First, let's look at what analyse means according to NESA.

Analyse: Identify components and the relationship between them; draw out and relate implications.

In terms of the question, we need to firstly identify and list ways in which the Australian Legal System regulates digital technology. After that, we need to thoroughly explain those methods. Next, we should explain how the methods/regulations used by the Australian Legal System allows for the protection of the privacy of individuals. Finally, we need to mention their effectiveness, and why/how those regulations are effective.

Here's a simplified list of what you should include in your response:
  1. In what ways does the Australian Legal System regulate digital technology?
  2. How do those methods work?
  3. How do those methods protect the privacy of individuals?
  4. How effective are those regulations? How?/Why?

I hope this helps! :D

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Would you say that the internet is an example of digital technology
I think it can be classified as such, since it's used to link a computer device to an online server. So technically I believe it can be used as an example of digital technology.

However, just to be safe, I would avoid talking about the internet (since I'm not 100% sure). Instead, you can talk about things like social media, online games and mobile phones as those are classified as digital technologies.

anishaprasad

HSC
Hi againnnn! I just wanted to know how you prepared for the HSC. I'm kinda worried because I procrastinate a lot.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi againnnn! I just wanted to know how you prepared for the HSC. I'm kinda worried because I procrastinate a lot.
Hello! I did too, we all do! What matters is that we try to procrastinate as little as possible and instead focus on our studies. What I did was put my phone and other distractions away while I was studying, which allowed me to concentrate and not waste time.

When I was able to overcome that obstacle, I designed a plan/schedule that included what I should be studying each day and how much time a particular topic should take me to study. I concentrated on content as a start in Business Studies and IPT for example. Once I felt I was confident in terms of the content, I started completing past papers to ensure I could effectively apply what I learned to HSC questions and when possible, I asked for feedback from my teachers.

For maths, I followed a similar approach, as I started by completing some textbook exercises for each topic to make sure I was familiar with the concepts/formulas. After that, my focus shifted to past papers. I wasn't great at maths, so I tried to complete as many papers as I could, allowing me to be exposed to different types of questions, which eventually allowed me to achieve a decent final HSC mark of 81.

For English, I made sure I knew my essays well (including analysis and quotes) and practised writing them until I was able to write my whole analysis in approximately 30 minutes. In addition to revising the techniques we learned throughout year 11 and 12 so I could include some in my answers for the short answer section, I focused on Module C. I practised some sample Module C questions and then sought feedback from my teacher. I kept implementing her suggestions until I was told my writing has considerably improved. That's when I knew I was ready for HSC English.

The most important thing is to remain calm and avoid worrying/stressing throughout this period of time, so you can ensure you get the best possible results.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)