how u went in english+ science ? (1 Viewer)

simonkey

HSC
how did every1 go in their english and science???
for me, english mc was okay, but the last writing task wass bsss!!!! what the hell? the question was like: imagine if daring and hope made bridges.

science mc was okay. But section 2 was harder than what i thought it would be

onlinenooby

HSC
Yes is was hard english exntended response. In general it was easy...and the essay question for english was i think "Imagine one day when all you need is hope and daring to build bridges" and it had a bridge build out of like teenagers with a train running on it....

Last edited:

dean2105

HSC
Science was pretty easy, what did you write about in the last extended response in english?

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Last extended response i jsut wrote about racist and we need to build bridges to connect us all together and celebrate our differnce (yes it was a load of BS).

Science was kina BS, what with the dumbass questions like what do you do when a student is on fire etc

And the stimulas booklet..............and thoes whales question like wtf.....(not that i dont understand it but i thought they were really bad questions)

I think i did ok in eng and pretty good in science

Xianyunyehe

HSC
回复: Re: how u went in english+ science ?

dean2105 said:
Science was pretty easy, what did you write about in the last extended response in english?
the second last one in english was ok, i just made up an event.
science was easy as well.
i do hope maths and his/geo are as easy as science tomoro.

Telekinetik

ça m'a fait du bien
HSC
Did we have to refer to the picture in the english extended response?

HSC
i guess we had to sort of have a relevance to the picture.
haha i wrote about bridging the gap between rich and poor by facing our own fears or something like that..
the science was easier than i expected.

booties4

HSC
Might i had if a student is catching fire you should trying throwing sand on him.....WTF.
Enlgish was easy.....the article was a sinch and all you needed to for the last response was to go on about how you can make a difference and build birdges of hope for those that have none.

Science was so much easier than the past years....thank god i studied though:)

justbecause

icanhascheezburger
HSC
I used that line in English as an analogy for everyone to help each other create a direction of path to students leaving school. Lame.

Science was pretty much easy than I presumed it to be. That's a good thing, because I wasn't too crash hot on the knowledge. Most of the answers were already written in the booklets. The DNA thing to the Year 9's was a bluff. I'm glad the things I didn't study weren't in there.

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
English was fair. I didn't want to write about that bullshit about racism, co-operation- so I ended up writing about how stupid the topic was and how the picture was stupid.

frieda

Premium Member
HSC
almost everyone in my school wrote about the same sentimental crap for the english extended response.

I wrote about building friendship bridges and 'supporting' eachother through the last years of school (get it? they were all holding eachother up). Just crap about how we need to work together to create good relationships with those around you.... (it was a very preachy speech if i must say so myself)

Kiim2507

HSC
English and Science were average. Science was alot easier than I thought though...some of the questions were so stupid.

English was alright up to the poetry..that confused me a bit. And the extended response...I was like wtf? Hopes and daring build bridges? I ended up writing about living life to the fullest...hope thats ok...did refer to the picture at all..

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
z600 said:
Last extended response i jsut wrote about racist and we need to build bridges to connect us all together and celebrate our differnce (yes it was a load of BS).

Science was kina BS, what with the dumbass questions like what do you do when a student is on fire etc

And the stimulas booklet..............and thoes whales question like wtf.....(not that i dont understand it but i thought they were really bad questions)

Well if a student was on fire, what procedures or instincts will you follow or perform ?

Xianyunyehe said:
the second last one in english was ok, i just made up an event.
science was easy as well.
i do hope maths and his/geo are as easy as science tomoro.
Whip out a Mathematics Standard textbook, because large portions of the Mathematics School Certificate are based on the Standard couse, I did Advanced, but I only got 80 Marks :( ...

Last edited:

justbecause

icanhascheezburger
HSC
tamaranadine said:
hahaha, my speech for english was like a miss universe speech.

it was really bad, I think I did alright in everything else though.

except, what was the deal with that question in science where they asked you to draw a table and write about cyclones and tsunamis?

I think I did that really wrong, because I had no clue what so ever.
For the table, it was something like assess the different impacts of the cyclones and tsunamis on the environment. I wrote something like destroys crops, vegetation in cyclones and for tsunamis: floods and perhaps some sea animals get washed up on the shore. I have no idea, just wrote crap all.

frieda

Premium Member
HSC
yeah for the table, alot of my answers for the same, but it was only worth 3 marks. so i think like having a heading, and ruling lines was probably like worth 2.

i wrote about killing people adn animals, destroying habitats and infrastructure. the only reall differences i outlined were that cyclones can effect areas further inland, and tsunamis damage coastal areas and beaches etc.

bob.rks

HSC
z600 said:

was i the only one laughing at this question? i thought it was hilarious!

G

gilstar

z600 said:
was i the only one that said throw a buket of water on him????

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC
I would so love my science teacher to catch on fire....then I could throw sand on him to make it stop....oh and accidently get it in his eyes of course! (so harsh....tut tut tut)...

Is anyone planning to study for hist/geo/maths?

P.S. My real name is Jack....Zdzislaw is my Polish name

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
I think i said to throw a bucket of water on him

cs01001

HSC
Mark576 said:
I think i said to throw a bucket of water on him
I thought you should roll him in those blanket thing...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)