How useful do you find the Advice line so far?? (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
useful for clearing up little things i have been wondering, i haven't tried a major question yet, so yeah i think it's good. it's good to know there is someone u can ask if u can't contact ur teacher.

lolita

i thought it was reasonably good, i asked about 5 biology questions that required explanations :)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
It's OK. Honestly, it's NOT the best advice that I've been given. Depending on the adviser you get, you will get different levels of answers and depth.

I found that they relies on the use of text book, rather than giving you what they know. But then again, it's more safer this way. However, Why would we need to ring if they are going to read from the text book? isn't it better to answer with knowlegde and depth?

enemy

You guys think the advice line is very good ?I haven't try yet!!!
But I will soon

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Survivor39
Why would we need to ring if they are going to read from the text book? isn't it better to answer with knowlegde and depth?
yeah but sometimes people can't understand the text and so this allows it to be explained to them

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Benno
useless went to call 2day and no answer!
it wan't operating today!! it was closed because of the public holiday

Hotdog1

Yummmmmmmmmm...
HSC
I didn't find them particularly useful as half of the time they ended up agreeing with what I said. It was like, "Why did that happen?" "Hmmm... Yes. You are right."
:confused:

maybe I just have really bad luck at getting the operators.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
hahah mine was funny.

I just called up for chemistry.

The advisor says sorry i don't know that, call after 7pm when the advisors switch over.

Pathetic................

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by Hotdog
I didn't find them particularly useful as half of the time they ended up agreeing with what I said. It was like, "Why did that happen?" "Hmmm... Yes. You are right."
:confused:

maybe I just have really bad luck at getting the operators.
I agree. i am going back to my teachers tomorrow ;)
I realise that it's not that they are not helpful, it's just that they are telling you things that you already know (as someone has said earlier, from the text books)

connie

HSC
N/A
i have rang up twice so far, the first question was on legal studies and i found the answer really really really good, but today i rang up with a question on maths... well actually it was question from the maths board thingy in here and the guy told me he couldnt get the answer and would ring me back soooooo it put me off the advice lin for maths questions!

walla

Satisfied Customer
HSC
Asked a physics question - good response - really handy

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
Hmmm, i find this BOS is much more helpful...esp. wif u guys helping out here....dun u think? :)

Benno

HSC
lol i rang today twice, both said "hold on ill get my notes" hehe i think it was excel or that i had read there same notes b4

stressed monkie

im a random
mmmmm i found it very helpful

called for ancient history i called about 7 times for that got the same person 4 times and the other 3 was different from the first but the same all three times.

called for general maths lady was really nice and explained it till i understood it.

called for legal found lady gave personal opinion and it was pathetic

called for english she didnt have a clue agian got personal opinion not based facts

called for economics it was pretty good but he could have simplified it better got the same person 4 times lolz

i am not obssesed with it yet lolz but all in all its been pretty helpful

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)