How valuable is Ext2 English? (1 Viewer)

nahian

HSC
HI everyone,
I'm just curious about the scaling factors of ext2 English
can any former students help me out?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Scaling generally means little to nothing if you are an able student and at this stage shouldnt be something you should be too worried about, however Extension 2 English does have pretty good scaling. Check out the scaling chart on the main site page for more info.:)

nahian

HSC
Yeh I'm not worried about it
just getting an idea
thnx

Emph

HSC
You really shouldn't be concerned about scaling. You should just be focused on doing you absolute best and that is all that will matter.

What is better- permanent self satisfaction or a flamable piece of paper with a number starting with 9?

nahian

HSC
Well i Dont think many people reflect back on their work and contemplate all the insightful learning curves theyve been through for nothing... ITs all for that piece of paper..to see that 9

stargaze

HSC
yo

Keep in mind that ext 2 english will only count as ONE unit (unlike ext 2 maths which counts as two).

So yes, if i remember correctly it scales relatively well (i think below ext maths), but yeh, keep in mind that 1 unit = just 10% of your final UAI.

Asheroth

Paranoid Android
HSC
Emph said:
You really shouldn't be concerned about scaling. You should just be focused on doing you absolute best and that is all that will matter.

What is better- permanent self satisfaction or a flamable piece of paper with a number starting with 9?
Personally I'd rephrase that as 'Which is better: the knowledge that you've pretended to create an original, innovative work while pandering to the Board of Studies' criteria for a year, or a result that opens countless doors into future education, areas of interest and careers?'

It's quite possible to do your absolute best and fail miserably. It's happened before and will happen again.

EDIT: Emph gets the 'I'm so pleased with my post that I'm going to quote myself in my sig' award. We can see where that permanent self-satisfaction comes from :p

Joking, by the way.

Last edited:

Emph

HSC
Asheroth said:
Emph gets the 'I'm so pleased with my post that I'm going to quote myself in my sig' award. We can see where that permanent self-satisfaction comes from :p

Joking, by the way.
Ha ha yeh but the truth is that that is what my friend told me after I had one of my "i am going to fail miserably" moments so i cant even fully take the credit.

HSC
N/A
nahian said:
Well i Dont think many people reflect back on their work and contemplate all the insightful learning curves theyve been through for nothing... ITs all for that piece of paper..to see that 9
*cough*

If you'd like some examples, I can name several ex-EE2 BOSers off the top of my head who are continuing to write for fun. Maybe not on the same scale as EE2, but they are still writing and have definately learnt from EE2.

Many more - who I can also list off the top of my head - read through books and think "oh wow, that was cool. That writer was really clever, the way they did ______". It's not a huge thing, but it happens. The awareness is there (as you'd expect it to be after a whole year of writing).

Oh, and only one of these abovementioned people is doing a creative writing degree.

If you think that it's all for nothing, and just a piece of paper, I highly recommend you drop EE2 right now and take up something you feel is more "beneficial".

studiousbiatch

HSC
Riddles said:
put it this way. if u do any extension courses and flunk them, ur uai goes down by shitloads
where did you get that idea from? cause it worries me... LOTS

nahian

HSC
I never said or implied that EXT2 Eng was for nothing, I personally enjoy it alot and should of rephrased my comment
I was taking the HSc in general aswell..sorry LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)