How waking up earlier, exercise, a good diet, AND study will give you the edge in the HSC (1 Viewer)

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Are you sane
no but thanks for asking. sometimes when i'm on the metro at 6:30 i wallow in sorrow on the inside

my primary school was only a 5min walk where i lived and i always showed up to school 10 minutes before the start of the school day. wish i could do that now LMAO

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
In our school we get to decide whether our 'off-the-line' classes take place in the morning or afternoon. And when I do math ext 2, we better choose the afternoon.

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
In our school we get to decide whether our 'off-the-line' classes take place in the morning or afternoon. And when I do math ext 2, we better choose the afternoon.
pick the afternoon for your sanity i'm begging you, last term i had morning classes on friday and it was so bad because first two periods were maths so i had maths from 7:30 all the way to 10

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
pick the afternoon for your sanity i'm begging you, last term i had morning classes on friday and it was so bad because first two periods were maths so i had maths from 7:30 all the way to 10
I've surveyed around and a lot of them want the morning classes. I'll have to start campaigning now if I want to keep my sanity.

carrotsss

HSC
the feeling of waking up early makes u feel much more ✨alive✨ and more productive than sleeping late
the only time I ever feel alive is in the holidays when I can return to my natural cycle of going to bed at 2am and waking up at 11am

kkk579

hello
HSC
no but thanks for asking. sometimes when i'm on the metro at 6:30 i wallow in sorrow on the inside

my primary school was only a 5min walk where i lived and i always showed up to school 10 minutes before the start of the school day. wish i could do that now LMAO
if i had to get up at 5am to go school i’d rather just not go school to keep my sanity. also the school u go to is lowkey in a shit location(metro, train stations aren’t a walkable distance) so i don’t think that makes it any better LOL

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
if i had to get up at 5am to go school i’d rather just not go school to keep my sanity. also the school u go to is lowkey in a shit location(metro, train stations aren’t a walkable distance) so i don’t think that makes it any better LOL
personally the location is actually decent if you live near or in the shire the school is in, where i live is just in the middle of nowhere because i moved houses a few years back :(

kkk579

hello
HSC
personally the location is actually decent if you live near or in the shire the school is in, where i live is just in the middle of nowhere because i moved houses a few years back :(
yeah if u live near ur school ofc it’ll be easy to get to and back from LOL coz usually there will be school/public buses in the area
yes i am also very well aware of the area u live in LOL ‘g’ told me

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
I agree having a good diet and doing some form of exercise like soccer, running, walking etc. could be beneficial as it helps to keep the mind fresh and relaxed by reducing stress.

The other part though on waking up at 5am you don't need to do this extreme kind of routine to perform well in the HSC. Studying is not only about how many hours you are doing but the quality of it as well. If you are well rested then you can use that time you have more effectively as your brain is sharp. 4-6 hours of study a day consistently throughout the year and doing work on the weekends as well to get ahead is more than enough to succeed in the HSC.

In general this idea that waking up at odd hours like 4am or 5am will make you a success in life (school and then also later on in uni) is misplaced in my opinion. It may work for some people but then at the same time there will be people who wake up later and are able to achieve equally as good results. It's just a matter of preference and what is most effective for that person.

Also, if you wake up earlier that means you will sleep earlier, so is there really an extra 5 hours gained. A person who wakes up at 5am could study maybe till 7am and then they have to get ready for school, but they will have to sleep at 10pm or earlier (so you got 2 more hours of study). Someone who wakes up at 7-8am, could sleep at 11 or 12 (that's the 2 hours of study you gained waking up at 5am) so the time gained will end up being minimal.

I never woke up early for school still got a 99+ ATAR and in uni I would often wake up late and ranked top in my degree. What is more important than waking up early is consistent work throughout the year as opposed to cramming things in a few weeks before a test. If you do that however you get it done you will most likely succeed in getting a good mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)