• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How was everyone's first day? (2 Viewers)

Libbster

HSC
Well today I had half yearlies: maths exam and extension history exam and I got my English assessment task back 12/15 grrr!

Jaydels

HSC
Libbster said:
Well today I had half yearlies: maths exam and extension history exam and I got my English assessment task back 12/15 grrr!
i hope i get 12/15 in my english exam........not gonna happen though :(

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
2nd day of school today.. got to school 20 minutes late. had 40 minutes of maths. english and physics we had subs, so no work. then finish at 12:15. it couldn't have been a better school day. :rolleyes:

i need 15/15 for my english exam to keep my rank :p~
dropped to rank 58/96 for physics and 28/77 for chem :( :( :(

HSC
I got my eng ranking back apart from my SDD/IT/Maths, i got 39/226 for english! holy shit thats better from the 70th I was at

*mel*

Libbster said:

That's really good for english! Last year our year's average was 52%. Why the hell do teachers mark sooo hard?

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Woke up at 8, started at 8:45, had three short periods and went home at 12:15. I have a new found love for sports day :D. Got my results back as well...topped Modern History and Society and Culture but not by the marks I was expecting :(. Don't even get me started on Bio...yuck.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
First day back was good =D

1) 4U english teacher was suprisingly pleased i had done 6500 words for my MW.....but questioned whether it was any good
2) exam results so far gotten back are:
Eco - 97.5% (i should have gotten full marks but teacher marked me wrong for a question which i actually got RIGHT but he won't accept the fact he's wrong. Stubborn bum =( )
Maths 2U - 98%
Maths 3U - 94%
Modern History - 100%
Tomorrow, might get English 2 and 3U back....i should do well in 2U but i am going to so die in 3U :p fucking postmodernism =)

*mel*

Airness said:

1) 4U english teacher was suprisingly pleased i had done 6500 words for my MW.....but questioned whether it was any good
Eco - 97.5% (i should have gotten full marks but teacher marked me wrong for a question which i actually got RIGHT but he won't accept the fact he's wrong. Stubborn bum =( )
Maths 2U - 98%
Maths 3U - 94%
Modern History - 100%
Tomorrow, might get English 2 and 3U back....i should do well in 2U but i am going to so die in 3U :p fucking postmodernism =)

You're a bloody genius!

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Airness said:

Maths 2U - 98%
Maths 3U - 94%
Modern History - 100%
Dude, nice marks! You equalled me in the 3U exam:D, I lost 3 marks for some pretty shameful arithmetic errors but you can't really complain with over 90.

On the whole, school is just.... school. My feelings are just a mix of resignation and something else I can't quite put my finger on.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
KFunk said:
Dude, nice marks! You equalled me in the 3U exam:D, I lost 3 marks for some pretty shameful arithmetic errors but you can't really complain with over 90.

On the whole, school is just.... school. My feelings are just a mix of resignation and something else I can't quite put my finger on.
really? YAY! i'm so proud i equalled you =) Haha me too, plus a mark for leaving out a bit of a formula in my rush =(.
94% sounds good but when you consider how many people got 96% and 98%.....you come back down to earth lol.

You're feeling a mix of resignation and exultation :uhhuh:

Alimoe_KG

HSC
miss_gtr said:
oh damn! i dunno my cummulative rank yet... r u taklin bout the rank outta that assesment or the rank of ur cummulative?
Your rank is based on your cummulative mark for all your in-school assessments in one subject. I don't know mine either. Teachers are too lazy to calculate it and tell us :p

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
2nd day back.

I hate teachers, all of them. I hate how they keep you on edge before giving back exams, to the point of emotional breakdown. Today, I got nothing back, only more work and more stress...pah.

Oh, and I found out that a dumbass got first in Maths, Maths Ext1 and Physics...This is the same kid who came ever so close to failing SC maths...WTF mate?
____

I also have a question, does the person who gets rank 1 in a class automatically get the highest mark in the final exam?

Abbeygale

HSC
Mine wasn't a bad first day, because we had the cross country carnival, which meant half a day off for bums like me who have never run 3kms in their life, let alone one afternoon.
I found out something I thought was due today wasn't, and English was a bludge. On the negative side, someone moved the tables in our French class into stupid primary school clusters, and I kept accidentally kicking the girl opposite me.

-Swifty-

B.Sc B.A usyd
HSC
i had a free period first.... ahh was sweet.. Just had to put up with the headmaster rambling for 30 mins before hand -.-!

such a waste of time thou... not going 2morrow so i can study for exams :D

*mel*

Gavrillo said:
Oh, and I found out that a dumbass got first in Maths, Maths Ext1 and Physics...This is the same kid who came ever so close to failing SC maths...WTF mate?

Yeah that's what happened at our school too. This group of guys who didn't give a shit about school and did so crap in SC, realised last year that it's year 11. HSC basically sets up the rest of ur life, and they got their acts together. Now they're study freaks! Lol it's pretty entertaining.

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Not too bad..we only have a half day on Wed, so that was French and English for me. I bludged French, seeing im the only person in my continuers class and i just sit and do my work while she teaches the beginners. So went to the library and talked to my friends for the double.

And english...well they are still in the process of marking our assessments, so they should be back next week...not looking forward to that. Oh and we were reminded that the mock AOS exam is MONDAY...holy crap!! Not assessible, but still, its set up exactly like a hsc exam.. I really need to study my texts..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)