how was first day of o-week? (1 Viewer)

henry08

HSC
N/A
did they have one of the booths with paper money flying around that you had to catch? i won $20 last yr lol.
Unfortunately not lol. The freebie bag was crap as well lol. It featured banking brochures, a miniature ruler and an eraser lol. The chick was hot though.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
Unfortunately not lol. The freebie bag was crap as well lol. It featured banking brochures, a miniature ruler and an eraser lol. The chick was hot though.
i guess that makes up for the crapness for you then. haha

henry08

HSC
N/A
Lol yeah.

O week day activities were average, the night was great. College chicks are so easy lol.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I got terribly sunburnt.
The free iced tea and fairy floss was good.
Didn't join Arc. Still debating whether I should or not.
And a got few free frisbees. Could someone tell me what the go was with all the free frisbees?
Don't. I kept getting people asking whether they should join Arc as they signed up at the stall. I told them all it was a waste of money. Apparently someone at Arc found out we were telling them this and we got told off. lol.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
Don't. I kept getting people asking whether they should join Arc as they signed up at the stall. I told them all it was a waste of money. Apparently someone at Arc found out we were telling them this and we got told off. lol.

hahaha really? lol. but its true...waste of money.

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
hmmmm well faculty welcome was shit so i bludged that
exploring the library was fair fun :D the librarians are really nice xD
clubs looked gay, and far too many christian ones
atheist society was cool, that alan zeino guy is way funny, so i joined, and signed up everyone's email i cud think of
otherwise bleh, hung out in my fren's place at unsw village xD

oh and saw lyounamu, about bloody time!!!! considering last time you bashed into that woman!!! hehehehe gosh i always love mentioning that xD

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Went to the welcoming thing for like half an hour, then bailed and went to unibar and got parro.

Njn

nvrB♯nvrB♭.alwaysB♮
HSC
ahh did anybody go to the comedy night? all of the comedians were really good, esp the MC and the axis of awesome.

"KFC is like wanking" :rofl:

speaking of free stuff, they were giving out free shaving gel too. shame the outside of the sir john clancy auditorium became a venue for shaving gel battles :haha:

henry08

HSC
N/A
No, had better things to do. Was there many people there?

Lol at skipping faculty welome and getting trashed :)

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
First day of o-week was alright :).

The ASB welcome was INITIALLY very nice in the beginning once we entered the lectured room. As time passed by slowly, (especially during the second half) it got boring. I never realised it was going to be packed with so many students...

For all the ASB students who didn't go, I'll sum it up in a nutshell:

- Official welcoming. There was a performance by an Indigenous lady dancing to relaxing music. Then she started talking about the Indigenous culture surrounding the University, the passed away ancestors who are supposedly 'watching over us', bright futures ahead for us, making a difference and so on.
- Then, the dean started talking about the University and boasting on about his credentials. His main message, like other presenters was to be more involved with the University as "leaders".
- The next person if I remember was a "computer geek" type of guy (that's what he said) who showed a lot of curiosity for his interests. This has earned him a million dollar business now as a self managing director. Quite inspiring.
- The next few people just started talking about the compulsory units (accounting, microeconomics etc.) and what they consisted of.
- Then the next half like biopia said was pretty much used to promote the library, ARC, international exchange etc etc.

That's pretty much it. Rep anyone? :haha:

After that was a free lunch, so I didn't spend one single cent on food :). Win!

I also saw yellow showbags and joined the campus tour just for the showbag (LOL, I'm sure many others did the same). The games we played were awesome, and our two yellow shirt leaders were very nice.

Joined/expressed interest for:

- D2MG: UNSW hiphop society. Some cute yellow shirt chick started talking to me about it (big fan of the genre anyway). I got the card, but their website takes ages to load.
- UNSW BSoc and ComSoc.
- Commerce camp.
- Gym membership/sports.

Since I have to commute 2 hour everyday (to and from UNSW), I think that'll do :).

The only annoying thing was the sudden intrusion of bible/christian groups. Oh, the free pancakes were horribly burnt on the bottom too. Plus, I cbf waiting in the line for sausages, so I went home 5pm. Otherwise, it was a fun filled day :). Met a lot of new people, but forgot most of their names lol.

Last edited:

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
First day of o-week was alright :).

The ASB welcome was INITIALLY very nice in the beginning once we entered the lectured room. As time passed by slowly, (especially during the second half) it got boring. I never realised it was going to be packed with so many students...

For all the ASB students who didn't go, I'll sum it up in a nutshell:

- Official welcoming. There was a performance by an Indigenous lady dancing to relaxing music. Then she started talking about the Indigenous culture surrounding the University, the passed away ancestors who are supposedly 'watching over us', bright futures ahead for us, making a difference and so on.
- Then, the dean started talking about the University and boasting on about his credentials. His main message, like other presenters was to be more involved with the University as "leaders".
- The next person if I remember was a "computer geek" type of guy (that's what he said) who showed a lot of curiosity for his interests. This has earned him a million dollar business now as a self managing director. Quite inspiring.
- The next few people just started talking about the compulsory units (accounting, microeconomics etc.) and what they consisted of.
- Then the next half like biopia said was pretty much used to promote the library, ARC, international exchange etc etc.

That's pretty much it. Rep anyone? :haha:

After that was a free lunch, so I didn't spend one single cent on food :). Win!

I also saw yellow showbags and joined the campus tour just for the showbag (LOL, I'm sure many others did the same). The games we played were awesome, and our two yellow shirt leaders were very nice.

Joined/expressed interest for:

- D2MG: UNSW hiphop society. Some cute yellow shirt chick started talking to me about it (big fan of the genre anyway). I got the card, but their website takes ages to load.
- UNSW BSoc and ComSoc.
- Commerce camp.
- Gym membership/sports.

Since I have to commute 2 hour everyday (to and from UNSW), I think that'll do :).

The only annoying thing was the sudden intrusion of bible/christian groups. Oh, the free pancakes were horribly burnt on the bottom too. Plus, I cbf waiting in the line for sausages, so I went home 5pm. Otherwise, it was a fun filled day :). Met a lot of new people, but forgot most of their names lol.
That's a very rep-worthy post. Might link it to newbies in 2011 next year :p

Oh btw, out of curiosity, did you get chicken, ham or vege?? My voice was gone after yelling those 3 options out for 1 hour straight >_>

Sokolov

HSC
N/A
pretty much all the clubs and societies were fucking shit in a way as usual.
freebies only.

the 12938129 christian societies were so fucken annoying.
Annual O-Week challenge:
Walk through the Main Walkway and NOT get stopped by a fucken Campus Bible Study member.

missanonymous7

Secretive Member
HSC
Yay, Jimmy Eat World gig was FANTASTIC :) Did anyone else go?

Annual O-Week challenge:
Walk through the Main Walkway and NOT get stopped by a fucken Campus Bible Study member.
Very easy. The only person I got stopped by was some girl offering me 75% off a haircut at the hairdresser on campus.

I've almost perfected the art of avoiding people wanting to talk/give me a flyer, to the point where I almost did the 'No thanks' smile-and-wave-and-walk-quickly-past thing to a bunch of police handing out 'Wanted' posters to people at Central station once. Oops.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
That's a very rep-worthy post. Might link it to newbies in 2011 next year :p

Oh btw, out of curiosity, did you get chicken, ham or vege?? My voice was gone after yelling those 3 options out for 1 hour straight >_>
LOL you were there Azner? Damn it! Were you the asian guy on the left once you walk through the doors? That's the only person I saw, since I rushed out due to the massive crowd.

I got chicken :D. Wbu?

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
LOL you were there Azner? Damn it! Were you the asian guy on the left once you walk through the doors? That's the only person I saw, since I rushed out due to the massive crowd.

I got chicken :D. Wbu?
lol yep I was there. I was the tall-ish asian guy with the glasses on the left hand side of the massive row of lunch packs lmao. You're a lucky man, the chicken ran out quite quickly. I had lunch before the huge lunch-time peak hour rush, and got myself a chicken too lol :p

Out of curiosity, what did you find interesting/boring about the welcome?? Any thing they should change or improve? (By the way this is open to all ASB students who went yesterday :D)

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
pretty much all the clubs and societies were fucking shit in a way as usual.
freebies only.

Annual O-Week challenge:
Done.

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
Annual O-Week challenge:
Since everyone's responding to that challenge, I've seemed to somehow achieve that twice this week, and hoping to achieve my hat-trick tomorrow when I go in again.

On a side-note, their bbq was om nom nom-worthy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)