how was it? (1 Viewer)

tiffuneez

Your idol
HSC
MC: D, A, D, C, C, A, B, B, A, A

I think this year exams was much easier than last years exam. Questions that caught me offguard were the 10 mark FPD question - i missed out on 2 points. Nutrition question - i attempted the CVD and diabetes questions and i doubt i got the marks i wanted for both long responses...

All the other questions were generally not as hard as past hsc papers.

Doing hospitality helped out HEAPS with the case study Pats Pie's anyone agree?

The milk ad we were given where we gotta talk about the product positioning question wasn't that hard. I think doing English paper 1 got many of us prepared for the image hahaha.

Matty91

HSC
Q17 i reckon was damn easy!
i guess knowing someone with diabetes does help in the end hahahaha
hardest part was the multiple choice i think =]

smitty559

HSC
What did everyone get for multiple choice i got

1. D
  2. A
  3. D
  4. C
  5. C
  6. C
  7. B
  8. B
  9. A
  10. A

yeah i got the same but for question 8 i put a steel but now i think of it glass makes more sense

tiffuneez

Your idol
HSC
Glass is inert, whereas steel can readily oxidize in the environment.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
Glass is inert, whereas steel can readily oxidize in the environment.
that was my exact thinking, cause they find glass beads from ancient rome and that all the time, so thats how i reasoned it in my head. Cause Steel, and aluminum both oxidise then rust away and cardboard is paper so yeah.

stanga

HSC
had an idea theyd ask for two pieces of legislation hasnt been in a past food tech paper for ages

stanga

HSC
also i went so good in the trial but i rekon i fuked this exam up

arumisan

HSC
the hsc was harder than my trials -_0
i couldn't believe i forgot what a feasibility study was, and well the last nutritional question left so much to be desired D:
mm, i think i screwed up the AFI question as well

nosh22

HSC
Wow... I felt multiple choice was the easiest.
The AFI questions at first shocked me, because they were mainly applications of knowledge. What the hell was with proposing and justifying a training program for employees? A bit different.
Also, food manufacture and food product development was pretty good. I did food product development in the extended response, no suprises. But the nutrition section was way harder than the trial.
I thought the picture of the milk was crap. I didn't see how it could be a 6 mark question. And the extended response for nutrition required specifics. I was hoping for supplements, active non-nutrients or GM foods. Damn.
Anyway, I think I pulled it off with my CVD + Diabetes question. Talked about fats salts and sugars, fruits and vegies, alcohol smoking and exercising etc. What about everyone else?
What did you do for the proposing a training program?

kayleet

HSC
i did the other nutrition one and based it around aboriginals.what 2 legislations did everyone do for AFI?

spazamataz

HSC
I thought it was very very vague in the short answer, but other than that it was sooo easy.I did 13 pages for section III on food product development, and 10 for the nutrition one. Ohh i love having family members with diabtes for nutrition :) (i hate how they never specify between type I and type II) lol

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
even better when your diabetic and anemic and so's your father is also diabetic :D. And you have both food allergies and intolerances too boot, and a mother who is a coeliac.

Lish:-)

HSC
I was really surprised by the food tech paper, I thought it was hard! My trials (the Catholic ones) were pretty much everything I liked so I guess I went into this one hoping it’d be similar. Hated both the long answer questions, was desperately hoping for something on active non-nutrients, supplements etc. Definitely didn't suit my capabilities and I think it let me down big time. Wasn’t enough on case studies I had done, was really hoping we would have to talk about a company within a sector of the food industry. Even some of the multiple choice threw me off and were confusing. Pretty much all of the past papers I had looked at were easier.

Vandalism

HSC
It was decent. The timing of it was killing me though, it was a bloody hot day. ):

caitlin12

HSC
I didn't find the exam too hard. Did anyone else do marketplace? I feel like the only one...
AFI threw me at first but after i looked at it for a while i was ok.

johnny1991

HSC
Food tech was sooooo stupid !!!! Y cant we have a prac exam instead :p ....naaa im thinking high 80s will get u into band 6 cut off...maybee 78+ band 5 ....But yea i fink i failed majorly =[

presprincess

HSC
multiple choice was stuffed up
what the hell is ethylene ???? and there were a few others that i was unsure of. overall it was ok but i think past papers have been more straightforward. i hope i can get a good band 6 ? what has been the cut off for band 6 in previous years ?

jo-di-e

HSC
ummm how the heck do u remember the answers u put in the exam...i cant remember anything i wrote lol.....i thought th emultiple choice was good, the rest absolutely sucked.....we studied Marketplace, i couldnt answer the questions in this very easily or well, and yet i could answer the Nutrition question- but we didnt study that in class :( stupid teacher chose marketplace- how boring

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)