How was it? (1 Viewer)

Gummy_bear

HSC
Hey! I finished an hour early, checked my paper 10 times, corrected some mistakes and now im home.

So, lets start a discussion, how did everyone go?

lets get this forum roaring!

bridgett

betty's bitch
HSC
it was pretty easy and REALLY short ... im expecting 85% atleast ... was mixture Y a sol ??? im confused !!!

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
aaack.....it was alright..

for those doin disasters the epicentre question stumped me

juzzy

for that epicentre question you just worked out the difference between P and S wave and then checked the graph to find how far away the epicentre was then you needed a protractor set it at how far the epicenter was from the towns (using the scale) and where the circles crossed was the epicentre.

Which question did you think was a Sol??

SlipStream

HSC
mr_brightside said:
aaack.....it was alright..

for those doin disasters the epicentre question stumped me
I thought it was moderately easy. It was what I was expecting.

Most people left after about 1-1.5 hours - judging by the average IQ of our class, I think the majority of people were more focused on finishing ASAP than actually paying attention to the Qs. I took my royal time, and yet I still left an hour early. :cool:

The epicentre Q threw me off, but I still did it right. You just had to scribble up a scale replica of the map in the book, find the time difference between the P and S waves, look it up on the graph, set your compass according to the scale and draw three circles. The Brisbane circle was huge - in the end they all should have centred on Newcastle. You also had to show all your working to get 6 marks.

Snow_dog

HSC
yeh i finshed with 1.5 hours to go LOL i rewrote all da questions on the option paper.. was pretty easy
WHO ELSE DID DISASTERS as option what did ya think of that? epicenter was near newcastle just above it or thats what i got anyways! lucky i went and bought a compass right before exam started lol

wasnt much that confused me..
the flow chart about energy transferfor a compact disc? lol i forgot the stuff.. anyone have an answer for that?

also the question about three impacts on society for either heart transplant or artificial heart? or something like that i didnt know the answers..

thats bout all i had trouble with.... exam only finished 30 mins ago WOW and ive been out of it for an hour and half lol

bridgett

betty's bitch
HSC
for energy transfer i got kinetic>light>electrical>sound and explained each stage ... the heart transplant i got
1) ppl hav the opportunity to live
2) science has allowed the possibility of organ donors
3) something about religious ethical issues in society ?!?!
i dunno i made that answer up !!!

freaked

HSC
LMAO.
Well I suck!
I didn't know about that whole compass trick, I just estimated where it would be then kept moving around until I found a spot where the measurements where correct from all 3.

I felt really sick today, so I was really pleased with the test, I was expecting worse then it was. I must say though, I forgot what the bronchi was, (the question where it asks what 'x' is) But I got the alveoli one right, yay.

That solution one (mixes 3 substances with alcohol and water {I think}), better not be a bloody solution one. lol, my answer was solution, but then I changed it to a colloid.

Anyway did anyone get stuck on any questions?
We hadn't done that chicken bone experiment but I knew what the answer would have been so it was alright.

I don't really remember the test other than that...
oh, what does it mean if the isobars are close together?

Gummy_bear

HSC
Snow_dog said:
yeh i finshed with 1.5 hours to go LOL i rewrote all da questions on the option paper.. was pretty easy
WHO ELSE DID DISASTERS as option what did ya think of that? epicenter was near newcastle just above it or thats what i got anyways! lucky i went and bought a compass right before exam started lol

wasnt much that confused me..
the flow chart about energy transferfor a compact disc? lol i forgot the stuff.. anyone have an answer for that?

also the question about three impacts on society for either heart transplant or artificial heart? or something like that i didnt know the answers..

thats bout all i had trouble with.... exam only finished 30 mins ago WOW and ive been out of it for an hour and half lol
Energy tansfer is:
sound > light > elec > sound. Got it of my wall which has a huge mind map.

Three impacts i did:
people live longer, increases population, houses cost more.
families may not be happy with someone else having their relatives heart.
government needs to get more money for nursing homes.

bridgett

betty's bitch
HSC
i still dont get q3 ... does anyone actually know the theory behind it or just had a good guess

shakermaker

HSC
with question 3, i put C. I seriously don't think what i put was right but because it lost 3/4 of those stars, then it was 75% soluble.
thats my theory, but i really wouldn't have a clue

As for the whole test, wasn't too hard really, did anybody do space science? Cos most of that stuff meant nothing to me.

wiserahni

isobars when they are close together mean it is windy when they are further apart it means it is not windy.
i got
electrical >kinetic>eletrical>light>electrical >sound
which encounters the electricty it took to get the cd spinning (kinetic)

wiserahni

it says on the charles sturt site that it is
electric>kinetic energy
light>electrical>kinetic energy
i think the one on ur wall may be wrong
How does sound turn to light???

Lucas23

hey, for all the option topics, they had that first hand second hand qn, i wrote something like first hand you carry out yourself, second hand you just read about, AND you have to use safety precautions when doing first hand, and not second hand blah blah blah, what did everyone else put???

freaked

HSC
soo happy. :)
I thought thats what the isobars answer was, but after I wrote it I wasn't sure

Stefcia87

HSC
i thought the exam was really good. im confident that i answered most of the questions correctly. most people in my exam left about 1.5 - 2 hours into the exam until there was just me and two other people.

bridgett

betty's bitch
HSC
lukeass said:
hey, for all the option topics, they had that first hand second hand qn, i wrote something like first hand you carry out yourself, second hand you just read about, AND you have to use safety precautions when doing first hand, and not second hand blah blah blah, what did everyone else put???
yeh that was a gaybo question ... i wrote the same as u ... but also that u would expect second hand investigations to be reliable, and u hav to prove that first hand ones are valid

l*y*s*e

That exam would have to be the easiest for me by far. The questions were really simple...nothing that i hadnt seen before. Did anyone else do pharmaceuticals?? If so what did you think of it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)