queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
are u serious?

edit: NEVER MIND

Last edited:

stef.

Q7 b) was madness!
i love how in a question you get past this ugly expression and end up with a pretty-er one
got it all out
imagine they didnt give you that assumption!!
that wouldve hurt

jaafar

u rock my world
HSC
80 to 90

q1-5 were pretty easy, i missed a few marks, q6 wasnt that bad i should get about 9marks, q7 part b was a sexy physics/ mechanics question. i loved it . who doesnt agree? q8 was long hard boring and as usual , i couldnt be bothered thinking about it cos its useless , i wonder whick freack could answer it.despite that i looked for the easy parts so i should get about 6 marks .
it was a typical paper.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Keypad... seeing as though you did a million past papers I'm not surprised that you've seen everything before.

Abtari

HSC
i agree with most of wot keypad has said...

for me, my lost marks are scattered all over the place from 2 to 8!

i am guessing 105 - 110...

the top guy in our skool thinks he lost only 9 marks...

Megapode

HSC
You al did a differnet test to me or something cos all that was written on mine was stuff like:
You are a useless piece of shit
Commit Suicide
You suck at maths
That supervisor has nice tits

so I'll be lucky to get 60%

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Estel said:
Keypad... seeing as though you did a million past papers I'm not surprised that you've seen everything before.
It was only 100, and it was so worth it.

I have to admit, reading through the rest of it, there was nothing exceptionally hard, or conceptually difficult. 8b) is just a 'good' conics question.

Although I would have prefered the 2003 paper, as number theory is my bitch, conics can go to hell.

Razengen

RaVeR MeMbEr
HSC
Hard FOr teh AvErAge JoE

Like fair enough all ext2 papers are long.. i expected that.. but yea it was hard too ? for the average joe like me.... the ones who do their homework and arent talented at Maths just able to do questionst that they have seen before... when Q6 7,8 came along wtih those weird questions i never seen in my life.... like i got no idea.. like you cant learn them from text books/ doing homework ... just demoralised me.. and my way of DOING HOMEWORK = SUCCESS

HSC
justchillin said:
Question 8 was very soft i thought... esp part b, that was just some funky sine rule application...but last question i had no idea. I rekon >100...at most 113 if i didnt make sillies...
Is that all that was to it? I did the first bit of 8b. attempted bits of the rest then decided to go back to the things i didn't do in q1 because i freaked out (1.a and deriviting t - both worked out in the last 5 minutes :D )

Overall it wasn't that bad compared to other years. i.e. could do the first few questions easily and then about half to 3 quaters of the rest.

Who enjoyed the kepler's law one - we physics people didn't appreciate it, the 2 unit maths physics people laughed at us

I managed to get maths bock - over tan ratio - is is opposite over adjacent or the other way around. Can't believe that

Estel

Tutor
HSC
KeypadSDM said:
It was only 100, and it was so worth it.

I have to admit, reading through the rest of it, there was nothing exceptionally hard, or conceptually difficult. 8b) is just a 'good' conics question.

Although I would have prefered the 2003 paper, as number theory is my bitch, conics can go to hell.
Pfft! 100 papers!
I did 4 and boredom prohibited me doing anymore.

q8 2003 was a bagatelle...

Stefano

Sexiest Member
HSC
I thought I did 'alright' untill I read all of your posts. I'd be euphoric if I got more than 70/120.

I did the same exam as Megapode. (We might of had the same supervisor too)

stv_87

HSC
howd peole do the second part of the satelllite question in eight. i got all the r's and x's but i was left with four insteads of 8, dont u think the exam was made alot harder by having basically only hard conics except for part i of the last question in 3 0r 4. there was no fine e or assymptote or anything, tangents, c of contact etc

Raynman

HSC
is everyone in here serious, i cant see myslef getting 60 in that test and the smartest kid in our class only got like 65-70 in the trial.

redd

HSC
N/A
it was slightly harder than 2002 but compared to other years in the 01-05 syllabus it was relatively easy. That conics questions at the end was a bitch.

thunderdax

I AM JESUS LOL!
HSC
I thought the test was long but most parts were fairly easy. 1-4 were fine apart from the eccentricity bit in Q4. I could only get e<a/b or something like that. 5-6 were very time consuming but I got through both. Q7 couldn't do the show that s/u<r/p part. Question 8(a) took me a while so I didn't have enough time for 8b parts iv and v. Completed 113/120 but stupid mistakes will probably put that down to 105 or so.
In conclusion, FUCK YOU CONICS.

brite_pink_star

Lost member~~
HSC
i dont think i cant get more than 80 marks.....:(...... I left out nearly all of Q6, 7, 8.....

tim_dawborn

it was quite a long paper - but not too bad in comparison to other years

questions 1 to 4 were easy
questions 5 and 6 were good 'harder' questions - easyish marks
7a circle was just as insane as normal
nfi how to do the second part of 7b
didnt get time for much 8 :(

bobman21

HSC
every one seems rather positive......

It wasn't a bad paper, but the last parts were rather difficult.... got the induction, but yeah.... same as everyone else, me really....

puzzling......

cyko

HSC
where was resisted motion
or conical motion
or motion involving a curved bank

what the hell was that induction question
and that triangle question .. blah looked so easy and yet i was still unable to get it :(

then comes the conics questiosn in Q8
Q6 and Q7 turned me off .. i couldn't bare to look at it Q8
and when i did ... i was rather relieved

but because of all the nervousness i got from Q6 ANd Q7 ..
i couldn't think straight for Q8 ... :(

looking at the exam paper right now .. i hate it, lol

i'm hoping to get 70/120 too .. if over then YEH .. if not i'll go cry, ahaha

Glad to see but that i wasn't the only one who foudn it hard

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)