How was the first day of year 11? (1 Viewer)

angelarr

HSC
Yesterday was the first official day of year 11 for us.
Timetable clashes, year meeting, talks, blahblah. But surprisingly, we only missed out on first period, so we still had 4 other periods.
Got a little bit of maths homework [which is quite alot compared to year 10, but not alot compared to other classes] did work in eng and chem.
I'm quite liking my teachers this year :)

cng

HSC
first day of year 11 was yesterday for me and i must say.. it was prob the worst first day back to skl of my whole high school life! we had like a 2 hr talk to begin the day off with then maths with the teacher i dislike the most! great... bs was alrite got a good teacher same as eco, english was i guess acceptable lol and couldnt change subjects grrr already received like 5 txtbooks, i can already imagine how hard its gonna be in year 11 :(

random boy

HSC
Umm wlel im not really starting year 11 im actually about to start my HSC at TAFE on the 8th of feb. I just finished year 10 at school and im excited about meeting new friends and not having to wear a uniform. I got my timetable and i have tons of spare time! My longest day out of a 5 day week goes from 10 30 to 3 with a half hour break. Im only doing 3 subjects this year (different way of getting hsc) which are society and culture, standard english and modenr history!

I am excited but scared. Mainly due to the workload and whether or not i will make lots of friends!

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
quite a fun day...
"study period" first up, and from there it was a bit of a cruise-y day
only thing that dragged it down was that year 7s were there too.

klaris

HSC
First few days were okay.

I already have homework (as many others, I can see). We got a LOT of lectures of the first day and most of the teachers described our white shirts as "gold" and that we should "act more maturely now as the juniors look up to you seniors in white shirts" and all these metaphors about white shirts.

Modern was excellent. Just went over the syllabus. Homework: list all the countries of Asia, Europe, Africa and the Middle East. I had a free period after that but I couldn't really be bothered so I just hung around the senior area, doing nothing.

Advanced was also good but nowhere near as good as Extension. Basically told to bring a lecture book and a black pen every lesson. Homework: read Othello by the end of the next week. Great.

Extension was excellent. We just spent the lesson talking about BOOKS and literature and it was just the best thing ever. Although, a bit heavy in the workload. Homework: read "The Tale" by Joseph Conrad and do an essay on the story. Must include, audience, content, purpose, language techniques, who was Conrad, themes, ideas and a summary of the short story. Due: on Tuesday.

But I'm happy. There was a few stuff ups on my timetable but they are all fixed by now.

Loving year eleven :)

annarh-saur

HSC
Uni Grad
Year 11 was enjoyable, and the excitement still remains. Every lesson of math we get about 10 pages, which take me about 2-3 hours to do at home and during my frees, but I'm surprised I don't hate it. I actually enjoy it lol. Getting to do my own subjects are the best.
+1. However for maths i got 4 pages, and 10 excercises :p and i still enjoy it too :D

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
Going to be good to see all my friends again and have subjects I want to do :)

klaris

HSC
Oh My God.

Extension essay = torture. And I LOVE English and I'm dreading doing this.

Advanced = Othello. Much lighter. Much better.

bouncingfire

HSC
was back into year 11 on Thursday and i can honestly say that i have done more homework in the last 2 days compared to years 7 - 10 :/

HSC
Uni Grad
My teachers suck. Chem and Physics teachers only know junior science, Maths teacher is a tool and I have two English teachers...

HSC
Hi! I thought the first day of year 11 was fun! Except we did get a bit of work throughout the first week :( It was really fun being in new subjects though and having free periods!

musing

HSC
Second day of year 11 is so SO much better.

Free periods are awesome as well. :D

klaris

HSC
Third day of year eleven. Work.

A textbook, an essay and a timeline.

Yay.

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
First day wasn't that bad. Missed out on my first free period but got really good teachers for the subjects I really care about.

sexyleslie

HSC
year 11 was easy as, nothing to stress about...woo for year 12 =='

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)