• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How was your school day? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
p.s. i have discovered the album 'Fall Out Boy - Infinity on high' and most of the songs are awesome, when did fall out boy get good?
you did not just write this. :/

anywho, for those asking about monitoring exams, it's something our principal was talking to our grade about. girls in years 7-11 who want to get into our school next year have to sit a test on a Saturday morning, and yeah, I guess no teacher wanted to monitor it? so he asked for people in our grade to do it.

Sad Statue

Banned
HSC
cs01001 said:
Gave a $5 for a $4.20 2 scoop ice cream at Wendy's, got $5.80 change in return :rofl: :D
I hope you were honest and returned the change.

Artemis.

HSC
Re: 回复: Re: How was your school day?

Today wasn't bad.
Double physics, just played with solenoids.
Thennn, we had a 2U maths test :(...don't think I went so well. Hopefully find out tomorrow.
In my double free I had to do the Chemistry Quiz, which was a bitch of a thing, but oh well. Did anyone else do it? What was up with the question about the cow trapping and killing the farmer? Whoever wrote that question is straaange.
In modern we just met the prac teacher we're having for most of this term, hope she's as good a teacher as she is nice, she seems lovely. And in Eng Ext, we *attempted* to read Pride & Prejudice, but all got bored and started talking, so we accomplished nothing, as usual!

Despite a crappy test and quiz, had a decent(ish) day.

slothie

HSC

yeah i did chem quiz 2...wat did u get 4 da cow q?..i got C) saturday.....
me and friends compared answers afterwards and we got lyk 1/ first 6 rite...we stopped after that :)

cfair

Banned
HSC
No school for me today, throat is red raw; my glands are huge.

Tomorrow is my last ever game :(. I am getting an injection to play through the pain, I'm so excited even though it is going to dislocate an inane amount of times. The game is going to be off the hook, then we're having a massive party @ night. Shame I will be drugged up, can't have any beverages.

sophie1989

HSC
Good :)
Bludge - mainly which happens pretty much everyday lol.
Had some careers thing where all the uni's come and you can go collect booklets and such and it was across the road at the deadshit druggie school and i didnt go to the toilet because i was scared i'd catch some disease lol.
And i'm not leaving my house tonight due to me being scared.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Modern: Source questions on the battles of Verdun and Somme
English: Deconstructed a scene from a Perfect Murder
Biology: Went through the evolution of organisms
Mx1: Finished circle geometry. Starting 3D trig next

Jachie

HSC
hai guys :wave:

My day was pretty good. Kind of dull, but yeah, good. Except at recess when I realized that my ticket for Bloc Party was in my wallet that has been missing for about a week now. :'( So yeah, now I'm not gonna be able to see BP which I had been looking forward to for fucking months now, so yeah, that's $60 down the drain.

Fuck i hate losing shit. :( gg jacqui.

Le3sah

HSC
I just had English tutoring and now i'm tired.

Eco - revised for next weeks assessment
English - attempted to do some work for once
Chem - had a quiz, it was ...strange..
Ext Eng - continued watching Northanger Abbey
Physics - knocked over a chair and gave people heart attacks.

I'm going to write my Eco notes now. :mad1:

A Stone Monkey

HSC
N/A

slothie said:
yeah i did chem quiz 2...wat did u get 4 da cow q?..i got C) saturday.....
Correct; but, slothie, that's q3.;)

Hi.:)

You said you were new? I'm fairly new too, so welcome.:D
:wave:

Oooooh, for reference, question 3 is:
A farmer shot a sick cow dead (awww). It fell on him, trapping him. He took 72 hours to die under the carcass. In warm weather bacterial waste products cause the stench characteristic of decaying flesh after 48 hours. Microbes in the cow's stomachs (ruminants have four stomach chambers!) continue to ferment the food there, producing various gases, including carbon dioxide and methane. 96 hours after death the animal swells up. 7 days after death holes appear in the flesh (eww... gross), the gas escapes and the carcass deflates. The smelly, bloated cow was discovered on Sunday at noon.
What was the latest day that the man could have died?
A. Thurs
B. Fri
C. Sat
D. Sun

4 days-3 days=1 day. Cow found on Sunday; one day before of this day is Saturday, therefore C is the answer.

Correct me if I'm wrong on the q's wording; it's from memory.

me and friends compared answers afterwards and we got lyk 1/ first 6 rite...we stopped after that :)
You mean only one out of the first six right?

I just want another Certificate of Excellence and Plaque.
Just got that UNSW Science Comp back and I fear that my result wasn't good enough - if it can even be considered 'good'.:(
Jachie said:
you did not just write this. :/
Fall Out Boy?
The Latins would say, "De gustibus non est disputandum."

Last edited:

Jachie

HSC

De gustibus non est disputandum.
Yes, that's right. My taste trumps all, my word is the word, and there is no dispute on this. Now, get back in line and stand up straight.

are you lucid's sister?
High-five, mind-reader.

Le3sah

HSC

A Stone Monkey said:
Oooooh, for reference, question 3 is:
A farmer shot a sick cow dead (awww). It fell on him, trapping him. He took 72 hours to die under the carcass. In warm weather bacterial waste products cause the stench characteristic of decaying flesh after 48 hours. Microbes in the cow's stomachs (ruminants have four stomach chambers!) continue to ferment the food there, producing various gases, including carbon dioxide and methane. 96 hours after death the animal swells up. 7 days after death holes appear in the flesh (eww... gross), the gase escapes and the carcass deflates. The smelly, bloated cow was discovered on Sunday at noon.
What was the latest day that the man could have died?
A. Thurs
B. Fri
C. Sat
D. Sun
I got C as well. :)
Whoever wrote that question must have been...disturbed..

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A

Watched Edward Scissorhands for Ext1. Good.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC

Ah I'm tired .. thank god it's the weekends ! =]

Today. ENS. Worked on a question. LOL because I realised our class knows jackshit - that also includes me ! We are totally hopeless .. even the year 12's are which is kinda hilarious. ENG. Worked on feminist interpretations of The Taming of the Shrew. <3. Double IPT. Had some theory. Then bludged on computers. Got really fustrated near the end though. Life's a bitch nowadays. =/ Maths. Waited for a sub to come. Unfortunately nobody came. Spent the period alone outside in the sun doing maths questions. <3. PHYSICS. Worked on electrical fields. Ah, we're lagging. Just great. = =" And yeah .. Had tutor after. Was pretty good. I understood the work. Must read on integration.

What do you do when your losing such a good friend ? When they're leaving you hanging there with nothing? They just stop talking to you altogether and act as if you're not even there? Somebody you've known your entire life ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)