How were your marks at the beginning of your HSC year compared to your marks at the end? And what was your ATAR? (1 Viewer)

RickyRicardo

HSC
Firstly state your subjects.
Then tell me a bit about your whole year (eg. started strong finished weak or vice verca)

_rakelt

HSC
My internals werent that great but for HSC I did alot better.

Bio = 60-85% range (trials i got 63%) in school - school gave me a 79% for internals - In HSC got 80% - final mark of 80
SOR 1 = 70-85% range (trials i got 70%) in school - school gave me 84% for internals - In HSC got 88% - final mark of 86
Stand Eng = 80-100% (trials i got 86%) in school - school gave me 89% for internals - In HSC got 94% - final mark of 92
Mathematics adv = 60-90% (trials i got 66%) in school - school gave me 85% for internals - In HSC got 81% - final mark of 83
Modern His = 75-85% (trials i got 78%) in school - school gave me 86% for internals - In HSC got 88% - final mark of 87
Extension his = 70-90% (trials i got 74%) in school - school gave me 92% for internals - In HSC got 94% - final mark 94
Bus. Studies = 65-90% (trials got 67%) in school - school gave me 81% for internals - In HSC got 86% - final mark of 84

atar - 91.35

HSC markers were alot more lenient and on top of that I fixed the mistakes I made in trials.

I thought I was deadset going to get high 70's or low 80's. I hope this gives u some slight motivation.

RickyRicardo

HSC

Bio = 60-85% range (trials i got 63%) in school - school gave me a 79% for internals - In HSC got 80% - final mark of 80
SOR 1 = 70-85% range (trials i got 70%) in school - school gave me 84% for internals - In HSC got 88% - final mark of 86
Stand Eng = 80-100% (trials i got 86%) in school - school gave me 89% for internals - In HSC got 94% - final mark of 92
Mathematics adv = 60-90% (trials i got 66%) in school - school gave me 85% for internals - In HSC got 81% - final mark of 83
Modern His = 75-85% (trials i got 78%) in school - school gave me 86% for internals - In HSC got 88% - final mark of 87
Extension his = 70-90% (trials i got 74%) in school - school gave me 92% for internals - In HSC got 94% - final mark 94
Bus. Studies = 65-90% (trials got 67%) in school - school gave me 81% for internals - In HSC got 86% - final mark of 84

atar - 91.35

HSC markers were alot more lenient and on top of that I fixed the mistakes I made in trials.

I thought I was deadset going to get high 70's or low 80's. I hope this gives u some slight motivation.
It is nice to see a jump in marks between your internals and HSC. Do you know if that happened to your classmates too as a result of hard work?
How long did you study before your trials compared to before your HSC? Sorry if i m being a bit pushy here, but i m really fishing to making a profile of a typical successful student in the HSC :).

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC

atar - 91.35

What was your school rank? Those final marks seem so high compared to internals and HSC

_rakelt

HSC
It is nice to see a jump in marks between your internals and HSC. Do you know if that happened to your classmates too as a result of hard work?
How long did you study before your trials compared to before your HSC? Sorry if i m being a bit pushy here, but i m really fishing to making a profile of a typical successful student in the HSC :).
Most of my classmates did ALOT better in hsc than for internals - honestly, alot of us think the markers were VERY generous. To be honest, I gave the same amount of studying for both trials and hsc. I think you grow exponentially after trials because you get your marks back and you know where you went wrong (weaknesses/mistakes etc), fix essays etc and ultimately improve for hsc.

Also, NEVER leave notes last min. Leading up to your exams, you should concentrate on past papers

quickoats

HSC
For me, things weren't looking too great by the end of year 11. My cumulative marks were mostly pretty meh - close to failing physics and not doing great in English either. I had a decent start to year 12, given that my lack of effort during prelims didn't burn me out at all. Dropping and swapping subjects also helped with my attitude towards studying as I was finally doing the subjects that were right for me. In year 11/beginning of year 12, I never thought I would be able to achieve what I did, so don't get hung up if you have a bad task/exam - things can always change.

Idk how to neatly present my marks but I guess I'll use this structure

Subject | Yr 11 Cumulative | Year 12 Cumulative (Trial) | HSC Mark
Eng (Adv) | 64% -> changed to Eng (Std) | 91% (93) | 89
2U | 100% -> did 4U so 2U didn't count
3U | 87% | 95% (100) | 98
4U | no yr 11 | 94% (99) | 99
Eco | 84% | 85% (77) | 89
S+C | 87% | 91% (93) | 94
SoR | 95% | 93% (47/50) | 44/50
Physics | 52% -> dropped
ATAR 99.00

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Firstly state your subjects.
Then tell me a bit about your whole year (eg. started strong finished weak or vice verca)
Biology:
Did good all year, trials I got mid-high 80s usually then HSC I think I got around 94 raw probably.

Physics:
Did good all year thanks to tutoring and studying hard for it, trials was probably around 80s again but HSC was around 90 raw probably or 89.

English Adv:
Started badly, was nearly last out of 35ish for 2 assessments. Ended up 5th after changing approach to exams and working together with peers!

3U Maths:
Was good all year except one trial which consisted of 70% boredofstudies trial questions and I stuffed it up so I dropped a rank but got it back. I think trials were mostly high 60s and got 69/70 raw for hsc. Not going to lie but 4u maths made 3u very easy.

4U Maths:
I was first all year but we had 5 students in the class. I was struggling with the "easy" topics like graphs, complex numbers and lowkey was questioning if it was worth it. This subject took soo much time, study, evaluation, and effort, but definitely paid off. Final trial I got 77 raw I think and I worked ultra hard before HSC and I think I got 90-92 raw.

yesmANnigro

HSC
Biology:
Did good all year, trials I got mid-high 80s usually then HSC I think I got around 94 raw probably.

Physics:
Did good all year thanks to tutoring and studying hard for it, trials was probably around 80s again but HSC was around 90 raw probably or 89.

English Adv:
Started badly, was nearly last out of 35ish for 2 assessments. Ended up 5th after changing approach to exams and working together with peers!

3U Maths:
Was good all year except one trial which consisted of 70% boredofstudies trial questions and I stuffed it up so I dropped a rank but got it back. I think trials were mostly high 60s and got 69/70 raw for hsc. Not going to lie but 4u maths made 3u very easy.

4U Maths:
I was first all year but we had 5 students in the class. I was struggling with the "easy" topics like graphs, complex numbers and lowkey was questioning if it was worth it. This subject took soo much time, study, evaluation, and effort, but definitely paid off. Final trial I got 77 raw I think and I worked ultra hard before HSC and I think I got 90-92 raw.
hi pikachu
English Adv:

how did u change ur approach?

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
hi pikachu
English Adv:

how did u change ur approach?
Well memorising essays wasn’t working for me so obviously I wasn’t gonna try it again, and my feedback was to answer the question more consistently. So I memorised quotes instead and adapted on the day and it worked so I continued with that! Evaluating how you went after each assessment is very useful. Also reading the work of people that do good helps you see what they did that you didn’t so they got a better mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)