How were your trials results??? (1 Viewer)

Ellie-Bee

HSC
wooooohooooooooo i just got legal back and i thought i wouldnt do good! i got ranked at 5th in the class (14 total) SO HAPPY!! :D
i didnt even think i'd pass.

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
They were ok.... I came 8th in the year for the English exams, (the combined marks) which is wonderful compared to my usual 20-something-th rank of around 62 students.

~ghost~

theres up's and down's.
UP's
- 2nd in engineering (77.5%)
- 4th in IPT (66%) <--teacher wont scale us higher!

Down's
- 53 % std english
- failed physic :( (i knew i should study abit)
- 65% 2u maths
- lets not mention 3u

i put these results into SAM, and i have to say, i am totally screw for the course i wanted to be in. :vcross:

ay_caramba

Crazily Sane.
HSC
pretty good (even tho i studied everything at the last minute..as usual) :cool:

ANCIENT HISTORY: 98%
ENGLISH ADVANCED: 85%
MATHS ADVANCED: (2U) 91%
CHEMISTRY: 93%
ECONOMICS: 87.5%

um yay.
dunno my ranks

cameron0110

HSC
Yeah mine were pretty good too
English 89%
Maths 3 unit 93% (8th/ 130 something)
Maths 4 unit 91% (4th/ 60ish)
Chemistry 80% (3rd/ 70ish)
Legal Studies 95% (i think its equal 1st/30ish)

As you can see we haven't been told our ranks for everything, and I'm not sure how many in each thing, but overall I'm happy.

funniboi

HSC
When did your trials end?

how come you still havn'to gotten all of them back yet?

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
ive gotten 3 back, will be getting chem this afternoon

so far im pretty disappointed, though in the end im happy because ive achieved my goal with the final assessment mark, that is having them all 85+

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
i went so bad that i told mum no one is ever going to know any of my marks, not even my UAI whether it gets me into uni or not. my older sister came 1st in most her subjects and got a 93.5 UAI....i am hoping to get higher than 50 if im lucky. i need a tutor for all my subjects :(

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
stuffed up...actually got higher in ext 1 than 2 u *am so shocked*

89 for ext and 88 for 2 u....read a whole question wrong apparently...fuck that, highest mark I can possibly get is 95, which is not going to happen...

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
i got one back and sections from other exams
they were okay but the one i got back i failed :(:(

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
I noticed that most of you guys are writing down your marks - this really doesn't tell us anything, the most important thing is your rank - I could get 95% but my rank may be 7th! Some exams can be harder or more challenging than others especially independant ones.

My results:
Bio: 91%(1st/59)
Chem: 98%(1st/34)
Phy: 90% (1st/20)
3u Maths: 86% (1st/35)
4u Maths: 77% (2nd/11)
Eng Adv: 82% (5th/70)

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
thaoroxy2001 said:
I noticed that most of you guys are writing down your marks - this really doesn't tell us anything, the most important thing is your rank - I could get 95% but my rank may be 7th! Some exams can be harder or more challenging than others especially independant ones.

My results:
Bio: 91%(1st/59)
Chem: 98%(1st/34)
Phy: 90% (1st/20)
3u Maths: 86% (1st/35)
4u Maths: 77% (2nd/11)
Eng Adv: 82% (5th/70)
No actually at my school the marks count.
10% assess 1, 30% half yearly, 10% assess 3, 50% trial.
all up, 100. crap, I didn't even top 90 for ext.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
You may say that everyone's posting their marks instead of their ranks, but maybe that's cos they don't hve their ranks!!!
like our stupid school... they won't tell us ranks till after our last hsc exam, and then we have 2 days to appeal them if we think they're wrong... but the only way we can appeal it is if we think there's been an error in the calculations..
man i'm so screwed for rankings...
especially since i totally bombed out my trials...
cherryblossom, i also got higher in 3 unit than 2 unit english. (if you were talking about english?) 7% higher in 3 unit.

Brent Douglas

Thank god!!! I'm not the only one who failed all my trials!
I did really bad in all my subjects (not posting the marks, you'll laugh...) but I suppose it pretty much equalled the amount of effort that I put into them. I kinda got to the stage where I was thinking 'Wow the trial, I really don't give a fuck what I get.' I am kinda regretting that now though. I have done absolutely no work (my chemeistry book had 5 pages filled and 2 of them were of english...) and now have to do the full course for 13 units in like 5 weeks. :( Somehow I suspect I am not going to beat my brother at 96.3 Oh well. Anyone else in the same situation?

Ava

HSC
Brent Douglas said:
Thank god!!! I'm not the only one who failed all my trials!
I did really bad in all my subjects (not posting the marks, you'll laugh...) but I suppose it pretty much equalled the amount of effort that I put into them. I kinda got to the stage where I was thinking 'Wow the trial, I really don't give a fuck what I get.' I am kinda regretting that now though. I have done absolutely no work (my chemeistry book had 5 pages filled and 2 of them were of english...) and now have to do the full course for 13 units in like 5 weeks. :( Somehow I suspect I am not going to beat my brother at 96.3 Oh well. Anyone else in the same situation?

I know how you feel..

I had 3u maths and Ancient history on the same day...I studied from 7:30pm the night before. Didnt get through history because I studied for 4 hours before I did some 3uwhich took 2 hours before I couldnt keep my eyes open...needless to say my results for those two exams werent good...

I just didnt study for the trials which I regret too now..
All my results were horrible! I feel like no matter how much I study for the HSC nothing will make a difference.

Scanorama

HSC
My marks are pretty shit.
Standard English :54% Rank: 5/63
General Maths: 82% Rank: 1/51
Chemistry: 71% Rank: 3/13
IPT: 56% Rank: 3/21
SDD: 57% Rank: 4/13

Our computing teachers (i have the same one for both sdd and ipt) refuses to scale our mark up coz one person in our class got 83% and 78% respectively, which is far from what 2nd person got. What a shithead (I mean the teacher).

Overall I'm happy with my result, especailly for English. I thought I would have failed but miraculously I passed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)