How/where do i get a train concession card? (1 Viewer)

lee337

HSC
Uni Grad
Title says it. Thanks :)
Will i get one on my enrolment day?

Gigacube

HSC
Your Student ID card should have a transport concession sticker on it. Once you've enrolled correctly online you should be able to print off a sheet from My Student Admin. Sign the sheet then take it in to your faculties student centre to collect your student ID card. If you've enrolled on campus then you should already have it.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Student ID = Library card, and it has a concession sticker. Well idk about now, but mine was actually printed on to the card lol - looks weird since it looks like its meant to be a hologram! You just have to fill in the form and go the appropriate student centre for your faculty and they will take a photo there and print it up.

Jeelous

HSC
Uni Grad
I went to UTS today to get my photo ID done. I never knew, you need to be a full time student (which I am) and have NO JOB (Full/Part/Casual) to be eligible for a concession card (that sticker)..... Are you serious?!?!?!?! So unfair.

astaroth

HSC
I went to UTS today to get my photo ID done. I never knew, you need to be a full time student (which I am) and have NO JOB (Full/Part/Casual) to be eligible for a concession card (that sticker)..... Are you serious?!?!?!?! So unfair.
But if you quit your job before uni starts, you are eligible for concession right?

Jeelous

HSC
Uni Grad
But if you quit your job before uni starts, you are eligible for concession right?
I got my Student ID at the main Building (engineering student centre), I might just go to my student central which is at Building 6. I'm just going to lie and say "I forgot to get my concession sticker", if they ask if I'm working, I'm just going to say no #YOLO

bambox

HSC
I got my Student ID at the main Building (engineering student centre), I might just go to my student central which is at Building 6. I'm just going to lie and say "I forgot to get my concession sticker", if they ask if I'm working, I'm just going to say no #YOLO
Thanks, now I'm thinking of lying about a job too lol... would there be any way UTS folks would find out? And how strict are they with all this concession/job stuff?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
how strict are they with all this concession/job stuff?
Pretty much all uni students have a concession sticker. I'd say majority of them do work or will at some point during their degree. I presume the unis couldn't care less about it but it's a requirement of the government. If you have to go to ticket selling guy they might ask for your student ID and they wont ask further questions in my experience, same deal with transit officers - in my experience the only time a transit officer has wanted to see student id + ticket was on a bus at night.

Gigacube

HSC
The 'not working' condition was also in the secondary school concession and it didn't seem like anyone really cared.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
It's not enforced.

Pretty much every uni student has the concession.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)