how will people react?!? (1 Viewer)

flaganarchy

HSC
N/A
if i wear a free hugs sign on the first day of uni and show people in my tuts and lectures and stuff do you think people will hug me and i will subsequently make friends?

its been my best idea so far, i am still terrified about not fitting in...
what do you guys think :wave:

ladyy-nemo

DOWN ASS BITCH!
HSC
Hahaha! Yes? I suppose. They would remember you as the 'free hugs dude'. Just be yourself :) I'm sure you'll fit in.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
if u wanna rub urself against girls and their breasts, just ask them.
or if ur gay and wanna hug guys its also fine.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Haha I've never seen anyone do that.

It'll get you noticed and provide an icebreaker, at the very least.

As long as your course isn't full of international students you'll be right. It might be lost on them.

HSC
if i wear a free hugs sign on the first day of uni and show people in my tuts and lectures and stuff do you think people will hug me and i will subsequently make friends?

its been my best idea so far, i am still terrified about not fitting in...
what do you guys think :wave:
I saw a girl wearing a free hugs shirt on my first day (yesterday:p) but she didn't seem to have hugged anyone. :p

It's up to you. But I personally think just introducing yourself to people sitting next to you, asking their name, what degree they're doing, maybe what school they went to/how far they have to trek everyday to get to Uni etc (and of course telling them in reply your info so you don't sound like a stalker:p) works just as well :)

I bet you at least 50% of the other firsties will be just as terrified as you and gladly be your friend:) Plus, if you join a few groups you're reasonably interested in O-Week you can have a whole array of connections in just a few short days. You'll be fine. :)

henry08

HSC
N/A
Bad idea, especially as a male (or even a female for that).

There is already a guy at O week on one of the stalls doing this, like actively asking people to hug him. Only guys seemed to be lol.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
just join some societies and clubs during ur o-week. something related to ur course. e.g. if ur doing engineering, join the engineering soc and attend the events they host etc.

Hyperactive

HSC
Are you a troll?

Its uni. Not fitting in is cool...
and you would know cause you go to uni.. right?

I say go for it dude.. although I make impressions about people pretty quickly so it's more of how confident you are and how well you pull it off.

Kendall_Gilroy

cause i trust politicians
I slipped myself some pink Xanies; And danced arou
HSC
ok lets be honest about uni

you will not make many uni friends in your first year

you will make several/many uni acquaintances but not many friends.

if you are making lots of friends it comes to ask.. why is this person doing this were they LACKING friends in high school due to some major personality flaw?

amirite

HSC
and you would know cause you go to uni.. right?

I say go for it dude.. although I make impressions about people pretty quickly so it's more of how confident you are and how well you pull it off.
HSC:2009

I know as much as you do hyperfagtive.

bregitta

Red is for Rad
HSC
Tbh that idea sounds really tryhard and I would automatically assume you a wanker with a big ego who I should avoid. The kind of people that wear 'free ___' shirts at my uni are the annoying ones that follow you around trying to get you to join a club/support some cause/buy something.

Raix

HSC
It's not hard to talk to people in uni. It's harder to make friends, but it's easy as to meet people. Wearing a Free Hugs shirt's not going to help you much.

Hyperactive

HSC
HSC:2009

I know as much as you do hyperfagtive.
<insert comeback>

Either way reply to this so we can keep on arguing and you can feel better about the fact you don't fit in at school by doing clever things to my name. I won't reply.. but oh well, whatever.

Enjoy failing the HSC champ!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)