how would I get into USYD vet school? (1 Viewer)

spicypotatos

HSC
hiii i'm unsure which course is the right one, i'm currently in yr 11 :)) it's bachelor of vet biology rightt
also i don't take chem, but I didn't see chemistry as a prerequisite and I'm not particularly good at it so i'll take a bridging course later. how do i apply for usyd vet school during year 12?
THANKS GUYS

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
on the website it says u also need to submit the "Commitment to Veterinary Science" form and do the Casper test

also chem isnt a prerequisite, its assumed knowledge and im assuming u just put the course as ur top preference after u get ur atar?

carrotsss

HSC
yeah it’s the bachelor of vet biology/doctor of veterinary medicine, from what I’ve heard talking to people who do it you have to do a ton of extra stuff on top the the ATAR/subject requirements though

xaltedgrowla

HSC
hiii i'm unsure which course is the right one, i'm currently in yr 11 :)) it's bachelor of vet biology rightt
also i don't take chem, but I didn't see chemistry as a prerequisite and I'm not particularly good at it so i'll take a bridging course later. how do i apply for usyd vet school during year 12?
THANKS GUYS
You don't need to study chemistry. I'm studying veterinary medicine, biological knowledge is the main subject you need to invest in.

spicypotatos

HSC
yeah it’s the bachelor of vet biology/doctor of veterinary medicine, from what I’ve heard talking to people who do it you have to do a ton of extra stuff on top the the ATAR/subject requirements though
do you know what other stuff? its okay if you don't, thank you for the input!!

spicypotatos

HSC
on the website it says u also need to submit the "Commitment to Veterinary Science" form and do the Casper test

also chem isnt a prerequisite, its assumed knowledge and im assuming u just put the course as ur top preference after u get ur atar?
thank you so much!!

TankKuno

HSC
THANKS GUYS
good luck on ur studies this year and the next, make sure you try ur best and give all of your effort into your dreams.
I do want to recommend 2 things, 1- Get as much work experience as your schedule over the year allows it. It helps give you an edge over other applicants that do the standard 5 days. It also helps build connections with the vet clinic that you volunteer for. I recommend going like every saturday and implement it into you overall week schedule.
2- If your dream is to be a vet, please don't limit yourself to only applying for 2026 BVB/DVM at USYD, apply for other universities (highly recommend Melbourne Uni or Murdoch if you want the title and degree or JCU or UQ if you want to graduate and work as a vet faster with good teaching and content) or try again by doing the Bachelor of Animal and Veterinary Bioscience and attempt to transfer (the chances are low though).
I am currently doing JCU vet course and there are things I wish I did differently and wish someone else guided me but life doesn't always given second chances, work hard for yourself and everything will come to you.

All the best and I truly hope that you can make it in. :)

spicypotatos

HSC
good luck on ur studies this year and the next, make sure you try ur best and give all of your effort into your dreams.
I do want to recommend 2 things, 1- Get as much work experience as your schedule over the year allows it. It helps give you an edge over other applicants that do the standard 5 days. It also helps build connections with the vet clinic that you volunteer for. I recommend going like every saturday and implement it into you overall week schedule.
2- If your dream is to be a vet, please don't limit yourself to only applying for 2026 BVB/DVM at USYD, apply for other universities (highly recommend Melbourne Uni or Murdoch if you want the title and degree or JCU or UQ if you want to graduate and work as a vet faster with good teaching and content) or try again by doing the Bachelor of Animal and Veterinary Bioscience and attempt to transfer (the chances are low though).
I am currently doing JCU vet course and there are things I wish I did differently and wish someone else guided me but life doesn't always given second chances, work hard for yourself and everything will come to you.

All the best and I truly hope that you can make it in. :)
THANK YOU SO MUCH OMG im trying to find a clinic rn but most of them don't do work experience ahh i'll maybe apply for one's in other states but I don't rlly wanna move so i'll try my best to get into usyd!! ur insight was rlly helpful thank you againnn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)