how would you get a full mark in essays (1 Viewer)

roryahoy

HSC
i am wondering if this is the correct place to ask this

but since you are all in year 12 like me, i was wondering how would you get a full mark in essays. i got an assessment task back for module a and it was 18/20, but i want to raise that mark to a 20. does anyone have tips?

nsw..wollongong

HSC
but i want to raise that mark to a 20. does anyone have tips?
do u reckon u deserve a 20 or do u just want to bump it up? mayb u can ask ur teacher for a 20/20 exemplar and compare urs to that, and if u find that most of the elements r similar then highlight them and show

roryahoy

HSC
do u reckon u deserve a 20 or do u just want to bump it up? mayb u can ask ur teacher for a 20/20 exemplar and compare urs to that, and if u find that most of the elements r similar then highlight them and show
i Know that my writing wasn't the best this time (I got 19/20 for the first task multimodal) but I know i am capable of doing much better

i will try and ask for exemplars but i do not know if he will give

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
firstly, have you looked at your teacher's feedback? what does it say? is it to do with structure, or your thesis, or your analysis, or your links? etc etc etc

idkkdi

HSC

but since you are all in year 12 like me, i was wondering how would you get a full mark in essays. i got an assessment task back for module a and it was 18/20, but i want to raise that mark to a 20. does anyone have tips?
for internals, literally write what the teacher wants, and in the way the teacher wants.

roryahoy

HSC
firstly, have you looked at your teacher's feedback? what does it say? is it to do with structure, or your thesis, or your analysis, or your links? etc etc etc
it said make more explicit links to the conversation, which i found weird because i mentioned the word conversation a lot

for internals, literally write what the teacher wants, and in the way the teacher wants.
okay, i have also been writing down on a notepad what my teacher wants, i'll try to do that more and listen better in class

nsw..wollongong

HSC
i Know that my writing wasn't the best this time (I got 19/20 for the first task multimodal) but I know i am capable of doing much better

i will try and ask for exemplars but i do not know if he will give
i mean... if u knew the writing wasn't the best, does that merit a 20/20? just wondering

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
literally so true, sometimes teachers have some funny stuff. like in my school for merchant of venice in the common module the teachers don't really want you to just talk about feminism and anti-semitism as context because that's from a contemporary perspective (which is fair, but a lot of other schools allow it 💀 )

it said make more explicit links to the conversation, which i found weird because i mentioned the word conversation a lot
i got a 20 for my mod a essay and basically it's down to whether you've answered the question in reference to conversations and made direct links to the question and the module and sustained it the whole way through (obviously in the way the teachers want it). make sure not to neglect the conversation and not just mention the words 'textual conversation' for the sake of telling teachers you know the name of the module - what parts of the original text arise a conversation to be made by the second text?? etc etc

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
i got a 20 for my mod b essay in the hsc apparently (my head teacher informed me). basically u gotta sound like ur writing an undergrad essay lol. legit just memorise state ranking essays and try copying their flair and shiii and ull be fine

constexpr

HSC
i got a 20 for my mod b essay in the hsc apparently (my head teacher informed me). basically u gotta sound like ur writing an undergrad essay lol. legit just memorise state ranking essays and try copying their flair and shiii and ull be fine
i wonder, are there any preventative measures from completely copying some state ranking essays? like if you were to hypothetically memorise and copy a state ranking essay word by word, could there be any ramifications?

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
i wonder, are there any preventative measures from completely copying some state ranking essays? like if you were to hypothetically memorise and copy a state ranking essay word by word, could there be any ramifications?
It's just a matter of if that essay is malleable or not. By this I mean ... are you able to adjust this state ranking essay (taking the good stuff from it), and use it in any of the essays you write relating to it?

You're never really going to get an exact match and therefore you're not really able to copy a state ranking essay word for word and achieve the same result (ie. 20/20)

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
I never did that and I'm not sure as a result. I would read these essays and I would draw out common elements in all of them and then try to replicate that in my own writing. It helped me refine my already pre-existing draft and only added to its quality.

I would highly discourage purely spitting out a state rankers essay since its quite obvious if it doesnt match your normal style of writing and its not effective since HSC English senior markers are very picky on how you respond to the stimulus i.e if you go talking abt love and relationships for a 1984 q bc u memorised a paragraph when the q is asking about something different then u get punished.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)