How would you transit 4U maths to Yr 10 (2 Viewers)

js992

HSC
Calm down dude, you're not even in year 11 yet. Its not really something you can compare to a year 10 level.

There are the bare basics which you should get in a second but there are also the insane questions that you might not get for a few hours.

Point is, see how you go in extension 1 maths in year 11 because its a big workload to cover all the 2U , 3U and 4U content, especially if you dont like or you're not good at maths. It's not particularly difficult (from my opinion), you just have to do a lot of work.

ilikebeeef

HSC
In the thread, i a looking or questions that would compare the difficult of yr 12 4U maths, to yr 10 questions
Please write a few examples

Worderd Wrongly
What i actaully want to ask

The level of questions that are asked in 4U maths, how would a year 10 question for a year 10 be the same difficulty,( if a 4U maths question can oly be answered by 2% of year 12's, how would a year 10 question be like if it also can only be answered by 2% of year 10's).
I would say that Year 10 is as difficult as General Maths.

2U is a step higher. 3U another step higher. 4U is another step higher. These steps are pretty big, maybe even more than the difference between Year 7 maths and Year 10.

Tbh Years 7-10 is nothing compared to 4U.

if you havnt covered the basics, you'll get murdered.
check some past papers?
+1.

+2

In terms of comparison.. it's like all the worst, most devilish and evil parts of 3U got together and interbred and had wild incestuous mutant satan babies that cry all night and spew fire and stuff.

Or in terms of insects, 2U is like a pretty ladybeetle. 3U is like those daddy long legs spiders that look a little creepy but don't actually hurt you. And 4U is like.. the human centipede, or something, I don't know =\
Lol hahahaha +1.

EDIT: But don't panic. You have 2 years to get there. Check out Year 11 first.

Last edited:

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
In the thread, i a looking or questions that would compare the difficult of yr 12 4U maths, to yr 10 questions
Please write a few examples

Worderd Wrongly
What i actaully want to ask

The level of questions that are asked in 4U maths, how would a year 10 question for a year 10 be the same difficulty,( if a 4U maths question can oly be answered by 2% of year 12's, how would a year 10 question be like if it also can only be answered by 2% of year 10's).
Stupid question tbh.

hscishard

HSC
Yea, you can't compare 5.3 Maths to 4unit.

I'm very sure you won't get as much "number" questions. You work with so many letters.

q3thefish

HSC
lol no comparison

forgot what Q. were like in SC

if you want to know the difficulty between the two: you won't be able to do any 4U since you don't have the proper mathematical foundations so yea, you would find it impossibly hard?

mirakon

nigga
HSC
A lot of people here make a fair point about it being an almost impossible comparison. There are not really any questions in the Year 10 syllabus that would be even remotely challenging for a good student.

Jackson94

HSC
Question:
Is it possible to cover a 7 by 7 square with
non-overlapping 3 by 1 rectangles?
Explain your answer.
No because the area of the 7 by 7 square is 49 units squared and dividing that by the area of the rectangle which is 3 gives 16 and a third and therefor the square could not be covered by non-overlapping 3 by 1 rectangles.

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
In physics I sit next to someone who accelerated 2u in year 7, 3u in year 8 and is now doing 4u in year 9 (or something like that, I know he sat 3u last year) and got very high marks for them. he says he found it too easy haha

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
In physics I sit next to someone who accelerated 2u in year 7, 3u in year 8 and is now doing 4u in year 9 (or something like that, I know he sat 3u last year) and got very high marks for them. he says he found it too easy haha
He is definitely using hacks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)