Howard and Obama War (1 Viewer)

Who's winning?

• Total voters

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
I know we have a heap of Howard worshippers on this forum, but the man was an embarassment to our country on the world stage. Especially when compared to Keating and Rudd.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Riet said:
I disagree in that The Libs were getting complacent, hopefully they will bounce back stronger with new progressive policies and actually do something for the countries economy in terms of infrastructure and investment.
Oh please. The Liberal Party is a party of incompetence and idiocy. Honestly it wreaks of failure. Using the word Libs and progessive policies in the same sentence should never be done.

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
In terms of rhetoric Obama clearly smashed him.

"I would also note that we have close to 140,000 troops in Iraq, and my understanding is Mr Howard has deployed 1400, so if he is … to fight the good fight in Iraq, I would suggest that he calls up another 20,000 Australians and sends them to Iraq."

That was a pretty great call.

I don't understand people like Dan defending Howard. He was a slimy, toad like little cunt. The fact that he has been replaced by someone who I would say now appears to be marginally worse does not mean he was a good leader.
lol considering the majority of those 1400 men were sasr and 4rar and they are worth about 10 americans, we had roughly the same forces per capita.

georgefren

HSC
lol. Fairly dubious claim.

And even if your assumption there is correct, its still a flawed argument because they outnumber us by ONE HUNDRED to one, not ten.

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
georgefren said:
lol. Fairly dubious claim.

And even if your assumption there is correct, its still a flawed argument because they outnumber us by ONE HUNDRED to one, not ten.
What? Are you thick? I said that our sasr and 4rar are worth 10 americans. 1400 * 10 = 14000 troops. Americas population is more than 14 times our population (300,000,000 to 21,000,000), but with the calibre of our forces taken into account, we have a ratio of troops per population that is on par with theirs.

America = 1 troop per 2142 people.

Australia = 1 troop per 1500 people.

The only dubious thing about it is my assumption of 1 sasr soldier equalling 10 american soldiers. Although i dont find this too far fetched seeing as special forces are known force multipliers, and sasr are probably the best sp in the world

georgefren

HSC
lol.

but the thing is that america has about 140000 troops in iraq compared to our 1400 (from what obama said)

and im sure at least some some of those troops are as good as our own.

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
georgefren said:
lol.

but the thing is that america has about 140000 troops in iraq compared to our 1400 (from what obama said)

and im sure at least some some of those troops are as good as our own.
I know. I just said that. I also said, ours are 10 times better than theirs. Therefore in theory we have the equivalent of 14000 troops. Therefore we have a larger ratio of troops. Therefore stfu. Im sure some of their troops are. like a tiny percentage. A massive amount of american troops are shithouse jarheads and support troops such as women mechanics etc. The americans had a massive amount of troops involved in the rebuilding and logistics side of the conflict, unlike us. Also the only US sp that are close to on par with sas are seals and there aren't many of them, esp in iraq.

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
Exphate said:
1400x10 = 14000

140000 = 14000

K
seriously dude, i said per capita like 3 times now. i thought you'd be smart enough to work it out. im boris by the way, got banned for 3 years

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
CIV1501 said:
What? Are you thick? I said that our sasr and 4rar are worth 10 americans. 1400 * 10 = 14000 troops. Americas population is more than 14 times our population (300,000,000 to 21,000,000), but with the calibre of our forces taken into account, we have a ratio of troops per population that is on par with theirs.

America = 1 troop per 2142 people.

Australia = 1 troop per 1500 people.

The only dubious thing about it is my assumption of 1 sasr soldier equalling 10 american soldiers. Although i dont find this too far fetched seeing as special forces are known force multipliers, and sasr are probably the best sp in the world
Ignoring the fact that most of the western world special forces are all extremely good (and train together a lot and shit), they fill an entirely different role and aren't even comparable. The SASR are good at recon counter-terrorism. They could not, and do not fill the role of what, for example, the USMC does in Iraq. Seriously, if you want to kill a shitload of people the Marines are pretty fucking good at it.

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
Riet said:
Ignoring the fact that most of the western world special forces are all extremely good (and train together a lot and shit), they fill an entirely different role and aren't even comparable. The SASR are good at recon counter-terrorism. They could not, and do not fill the role of what, for example, the USMC does in Iraq. Seriously, if you want to kill a shitload of people the Marines are pretty fucking good at it.
Yeah i know all that. It was a very general comparison. Until 08er fag started nitpicking and shit. And in that sort of sense, i would say sas would be have a force mulitplier of around 10 marines due to their tactics of extended recon and stuff eh?? In a general sense.

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
lol id say an australian life is worth more than an american life. unless they are abos or muslims

Lentern

HSC
John Oliver said:
He didn't fuck with my bread and butter, dude. Rudd has fucked with EVERYTHING I care about at EVERY LEVEL. Howard left the Australian people to do their own shit (Albeit for less money).
Rofl, I love partisan observers and the things they come to complain about. About 8 months ago all I heard was "what has Rudd done, he signed a bit of paper and said sorry, he hasn't actually done anything real that actually has any real effect on anything."

The new song they seem to be signing is that he's changing all this shit that was working perfectly well, why would you do that?

It's not a liberal labor thing mind you I'm sure when the last government change happened labor supporters were doing much the same thing. I seem to remember when Costello appeared to be preparing to make his move he was a backstabber, when he make these grand statements in support of Howard he was gutless.

Lentern

HSC
zimmerman8k said:
That was 8 months ago before he had done anything. Don't act so surprised.
I'm not surprised, I'm amused. Thing is if you ask pig iron's people now what they would have liked Mr Rudd to do they would tell you continue what Mr Howard was doing. But when he was doing that they seemed unimpressed.

Lentern

HSC
zimmerman8k said:
I hate partisan hackery, but thats not what Dan was doing in this case. Rudd really has fucked up alot since getting into power. I fear he will be worse than Howard.
Donkeys live a long time. None of you have ever seen a dead donkey.

Lentern

HSC
zimmerman8k said:
The problem with most labor supporters I know supports is they concede censoring the internet is bad, but are prepared to brush it off as "not a big deal" because of their own partisan hackery.

It is a fucking huge deal. I can't think of anything Howard did that competes with this. Especially now that the proposal includes mandatory filtering.

Even though this may not go ahead, the fact that the government even has this on the agenda is genuinely frightening.
The proble with most part supporters full stop is that incumbeny seems to outweigh ideology. Mark Latham seems quite loathed within labor circles for botching the election and yet what did he do? He opposed the Iraq war, he wanted to narrow the gap in quality between state and private schools, he wanted to take a hardline on immigration-put Australians first, he wanted to take more responsibility for the environment, he wanted to ease the squeeze. He was the prime minister they wanted but because he couldn't convince the swinging voter that he wouldn't act on intuition he was taken apart.

As for the filter, have you considered this might be designed to finish off Conroy? Just seems a policy destined to destroy the patron and the patron seems to be someone who most of the party wouldn't mind seeing ruined but are afraid to overtly take him on.

Funky Monk

HSC
N/A
abc123doremi said:
hehe i don't know much bout politics
but obama is mad (as in cool)
he's half black, half white, perfect
and anyone who doesn't love him is just weird/jealous/mad (as in uncool)

and btw, some people really need to loosen up here, very passionate about politics

Ohh wow, Obama is like, hella kool! cause he's like, black and young N shit. And Bush is like, hella st00pid!! ummmm.. whats a policy?? o_O

Dipshits like you are why compulsory voting is bogus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)