Howard or Rudd? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
minnn2 said:
yeaaaaah
so you'll vote for a guy who's pretty much willing to bullshit to you right?

sure, lying is part of what politicians do.

but lying about children asylum seekers getting thrown off boats isn't exactly the sort of thing you want your prime minister to make up, is it?
...and Labor does not bullshit?

I don't just follow blindly what Howard says. I look at the policies of both parties and make my own judgement. Do you do that or do you just believe whatever Rudd says?

I don't even remember that whole asylum seekers thing it was that long ago. It has nothing to do with this election.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Your argument is that he seems friendly. How does that make someone a good Prime Minister?
What is your basis for thinking that he would improve Australia for all Australians?
I didn't say that he'll make a good PM just because of his friendly personality. Hey, personality is important for a politician, right?

I also didn't say that he WILL improve Australia for all Australians, I said that he'll work hard to.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Sparcod said:
I didn't say that he'll make a good PM just because of his friendly personality. Hey, personality is important for a politician, right?

I also didn't say that he WILL improve Australia for all Australians, I said that he'll work hard to.
It is not the most important factor... not even close... but it is the first thing you said and the only argument you have so far.

He will work hard to improve Australia... and that is based on what exactly? Policies? What you have heard him say? Or is it a random guess?

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
'It's time for a change' is not a good reason for voting a certain way.

...and that whole thing you said about last time there was a change is completely irrelevant.
It may not be a 'good reason' but it's the main reason behind most changes in government. 'It's time' was Whitlam's slogan, and it's precisely the sentiment that saw Howard become PM.

I think the 'it's time for a change' sentiment underpins the upcoming elections. There is a real feeling among the people that Howard will be deposed, not because people can see through his lies etc. but because his reign has lasted long enough.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
_dhj_ said:
It may not be a 'good reason' but it's the main reason behind most changes in government. 'It's time' was Whitlam's slogan, and it's precisely the sentiment that saw Howard become PM.

I think the 'it's time for a change' sentiment underpins the upcoming elections. There is a real feeling among the people that Howard will be deposed, not because people can see through his lies etc. but because his reign has lasted long enough.
It is better to have a change just for the sake of change than to have the best people running the country? That makes plenty of sense.

HSC
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

your signature really does represent the sort of critical person you are.

how do you know john howard is the best person to run the country when we dont know what kevin rudd is capable of yet?

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
It is better to have a change just for the sake of change than to have the best people running the country? That makes plenty of sense.
Does it make sense? I'm not sure. But it's the main thing that most people actually base their decisions on.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
minnn2 said:
how do you know john howard is the best person to run the country when we dont know what kevin rudd is capable of yet?
Because I know their policies and in Howard's case his past actions.

Is your argument that we should vote Rudd in because he may turn out to be capable?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
_dhj_ said:
Does it make sense? I'm not sure. But it's the main thing that most people actually base their decisions on.
Like I said... the results come down to how the complete idiots vote... and it shouldn't be that way.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Dear iamsickofyear12,

You are a penis. Please take your political thoughts to the federal election thread where I'm sure they'll be confronted by those with a little more...experience, than the threadstarter (no offense. give yourself a few years).

Sincerely, Nebuchanezzar.

Your argument is that he seems friendly. How does that make someone a good Prime Minister?
Hmmm. I'll be willing to bet that the more friendly a guy is, the more he'll do to make sure that living conditions (based not only on what the "economy" is doing) are well above average.

Karl Marx

HSC
N/A
Hello, Karl here, when I'm not urging the proles to revolution I vote for my local candidate not the leaders of a party (unless of course they're my local candidate).

To revolution!

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Karl Marx said:
Hello, Karl here, when I'm not urging the proles to revolution I vote for my local candidate not the leaders of a party (unless of course they're my local candidate).

To revolution!
No you don't. Only the Social Democrats believe in voting.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Sparcod said:
Rudd!

Adding onto what Neb said, I like Kevin's personality- he's friendly, humourous and not-so-arrogant. I'm sure that he's very intelligent and will work hard to make improve the nature, state and strength of Australia for ALL Australians.
lol

http://bulletin.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=271303
But I admit to being stunned and more than a little shocked at the acidity of the venom directed at Rudd last week when I visited a certain backbencher - and a Labor backbencher at that - in his Parliament House office. We're all grown-ups here, but none the less, it would be improper to quote this Labor backbencher in full.

Indeed, the C word featured so prominently in this Labor man's description of his boss that I started to shift uncomfortably in my chair after a few minutes. Now, around here the C word can be a term of endearment or the ultimate pejorative. Our backbencher, I'm certain, was applying it in the latter.

For in front of C, he used - unprompted - the following adjectives:

Friendless.

Cynical.

Autocratic.

Egotistical.

Narcissistic.

Short-tempered.

Thin-skinned.

Condescending.

Smart-arse.

"He does not," the backbencher said, "have a friend in the place. But then Kevin is one of those people who has seen no need for friends in politics."
:D

Karl Marx said:

To revolution!
And give elementary civics lessons to high school students?

Karl Marx

HSC
N/A
Captain Gh3y said:
And give elementary civics lessons to high school students?
Why would I need to do that? They're being indoctrinated with Marxist philosophy anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)