How's everyone feeling????? (1 Viewer)

chingly_choo

Bustin' this crib
HSC
How's everyone feeling about the prgoress of your monologue? I feel like I've hit a brick wall and it really hurts..... anyone else feeling this or am I alone in the banging of my head against afore mentioned wall?

steffo

steph
HSC
well the fact is that i have not begun moving forward to result in hitting a brick wall. if there is a wall out there somewhere, i am at no risk right now of hitting it because i have MADE NO PROGRESS.
henceforth i stink.
henceforth i am freaking out a little
but not really at all
because who the hell knows what they're doing at this point anyway.
brick wall schmick wall i say.

drama_fag

HSC
dude... GET INTO IT!

finding a good IP is such a bitch... in my first assesment i did a commedia dell arte thingo, which was heaps of fun... i had to write my own script, which was easy, coz its just stock characters and simple plot lines... i played multiple characters as well, which every1 seemed to like...

but (i hate that word) i didnt feel like i connected with it

and then i got cast into a play called 'ghetto' written by joshua sobol about the vilna ghetto during german occupation. absolutely amazing play, if any of you want a play to think about directing at some stage in your life... check it out.

so yeah played the character 'gens' who was head of the jewish police... which was really something, concidering im not religeous and have blonde hair/blue eyes...

so i just adapted and IP from this play... so yeah its pretty intense, about death,survival and explores and entire range of emotions

so yeah, guys... i guess just enjoy your IP... get into your logbook and start progressing hahaha.

HAVE FUN! and good luck hopefully ill be able to watch some of you ppl in 'on stage'

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
dont worry, i feel like im making no progress, either... my one is too long and everytime i try to get it down it seems to get longer! how the hell does that work??? but i know it pretty well anyway... im getting there.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i'm freaking out... i thought that the dancing and singing parts in mine would be the hardest part to do, but now that they're done, i have run through the entire piece and...the acting's shit!

This sucks! I really thought i had something i could connect with, but i really am starting to hate it now. Maybe i could turn the whole thing into a dance. Hey, it may not have dramatic meaning, but at least it will be ENTERTAINING...unlike my piece now. I hate drama!

HSC
this brick wall you talk unfortunatly, about spands across around 90% of the people doing performance.

babywhitto

I'm so freakin pissed off!!!!

We had to perform 5 mins of our performance last week...and today my teacher talked to us individually and she sez to me "oh i think you shoudl change it!" and im like oh my god! are u serious woman!!!

I was so pissed off...coz i showed her a little of it before, i handed my script with changes 3 times and she sed "yeah! its great, really suits you!"

AND NOW I HAVE TO CHOOSE A NEW ONE!!!

i hate bloody drama...sucks balls!!!

so anyone that knows some really great comedy pieces, please help me!

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
dont fucking listen to her then!!! fuck changing it now.... that cant be right.... its way too close i reckon... if i had to change mine now id have a fucking heart attack...

babywhitto

i ahev to change it...if she thinks i have to change it coz it wont get me good enough marks...then i have to change it!

its so wanky!!! pisses me off!

babywhitto

She told me i have to... i hate her. she bugs me. AND she has kept our logbooks for 5days and always sez "oh, i'll give them to u next lesson" yeah bugger off stupid woman...

she sed i have to choose a new monologue by this week!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
babywhitto said:
She told me i have to... i hate her. she bugs me. AND she has kept our logbooks for 5days and always sez "oh, i'll give them to u next lesson" yeah bugger off stupid woman...

she sed i have to choose a new monologue by this week!
that is soooo crap. if you are happy with what you've got, keep it! what can she do? its not her performance, its yours. she sounds like a nut anyway.

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
grrr... that would shit me sooooo much.... our teacher was pretty good with our logbooks... gave them back quick..

babywhitto

yeah i hate the drama teachers in our school...they are so annoying!! Late to give us marks and everything...

I've narrowed it down to 2 scripts to choose from...they are both good and i have ideas for both so its ok.

but the thing that really pisses me off is that she spoke to me yesterday and sed "now, you choose one by tuesday and then we can stay back one day after school and i can block it for you!!"

its like HELLO!!! YOU STUPID WOMAN!!! MY HSC!!!I do not need to be treated like some dickhead that cant block a 7min monologue!!

if i could change to do the program and posters thing i would!!

chingly_choo

Bustin' this crib
HSC
babywhitto said:
but the thing that really pisses me off is that she spoke to me yesterday and sed "now, you choose one by tuesday and then we can stay back one day after school and i can block it for you!!"

its like HELLO!!! YOU STUPID WOMAN!!! MY HSC!!!I do not need to be treated like some dickhead that cant block a 7min monologue!!
Your teacher sounds like a moron. Block it yourself!

babywhitto

i will block it! she spoke to me yesterday bout it..and bugger me she just pissed me off! i just wanted to walk away but couldnt...but she is giving me the weekend then on monday i choose it...which is fine coz i have written a new one (well half) and she sed that she'll support me no matter what!!

jesus she pisses me off!!

but neway...today we had to perform 5 mins of our group piece...and it went so well! its so awesome...its hell funny! and the other groups i didnt understand...and omg fights today between the 2 groups. so funny! but oh so petty...

chingly_choo

Bustin' this crib
HSC
The group piece frightens me, ours little Gp check is on Friday and man I don't think my group is up to it.

My drama teacher is one day like nah, I'll mark pretty easily, its just a progress mark. Then the next day she's like I expect it to be nearly finished and I will be marking accordingly.

We have nearly seven weeks or so to complete it, and for crying out loud we haven't been working on it long!

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
BWAHAHAHHAHA!!!
i did my mono for the school on Wednesday and i hardly stuffed up at all... like, i only messed up a word or two!!!!
YAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
soo excited.. cept i wish it had been for the HSC markers... i dont want to do it again!!

chibi_teazer

HSC
We had to perform five minutes of our monologues TOO. ARGH!!! And the teachers were so annoying about it. Like, they said that my piece was fine but the blocking was unrealistic and that my character would NEVER do what i was doing with it... and i'm like "Well, you haven't been studying her since january"!!! ARGH! AND what was the most annoying part was that they had SEEN the piece before and didn't say anything about it then, but WAITED UNTIL OUR TRIALS to tell us what was wrong with them! They told another girl (who had an AWESOME monologue) that she had to change it completely. She has to get another monologue before the actual HSC. And they'd seen it to! Why can't they TELL us what they're thinking before our TRIALS?! We're NOT MIND READERS! Blegh... i think my top is officially blown :|

chingly_choo

Bustin' this crib
HSC
chibi_teazer said:
We had to perform five minutes of our monologues TOO. ARGH!!! And the teachers were so annoying about it. Like, they said that my piece was fine but the blocking was unrealistic and that my character would NEVER do what i was doing with it... and i'm like "Well, you haven't been studying her since january"!!! ARGH! AND what was the most annoying part was that they had SEEN the piece before and didn't say anything about it then, but WAITED UNTIL OUR TRIALS to tell us what was wrong with them! They told another girl (who had an AWESOME monologue) that she had to change it completely. She has to get another monologue before the actual HSC. And they'd seen it to! Why can't they TELL us what they're thinking before our TRIALS?! We're NOT MIND READERS! Blegh... i think my top is officially blown :|
I think you are perfectly within your right to blow you top., That's just down right stupid of the teachers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)