How's everyone preparing for HSC? (1 Viewer)

idkkdi

HSC
Especially english how do U ace the HSC for it for trials legit just adapted wut I had.
Make sure u can answer any and every question. If u mega sweat, u take ur scaffold and practice writing answers to qs. Semi sweat is write essay plans for the qs. Not much sweat is just read over all the qs and mentally map out ur adaptation.

make sure u can 19/20+ short answer consistently. Papers, review and maybe feedback.

mod c honestly if u aren’t a great writer just prepare multiple and use adaptation

idkkdi

HSC
As with everything, u need some form of feedback to improve. Teachers peers etc. marking criteria. Comparing to exemplars. or yourself rethinking over what could have been done

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
In terms of English, you should revise all techniques, both literary and visual that you have encountered in both year 11 and year 12 (with more emphasis on those that you learned/used throughout year 12 of course). Once you are confident with those, you should attempt questions from the unseen texts section of past HSC exam papers (those that have no copyright issues) as well as trial papers in order to maintain/improve your analytical ability, and subsequently assess yourself by comparing your answers to sample answers and/or seeking feedback from your teacher.

The Common Module, Module A and Module B are similar in that you can either adapt a response that you would have prepared in advance to the relevant question (given the nature of questions, it is crucial to ensure that you effectively adapt a Module A response, assuming you take English Advanced), or develop a response to the question on the spot. Based on your experience of your trial exams, you should determine the approach that you feel would be easier for you and you would be more comfortable adopting. If you:
  • feel that you would rather adapt already prepared responses to the questions on the day, you should maximise the quality of your responses by seeking feedback and implementing any suggestions. You should also practise adapting your essays by completing relevant questions from past HSC exam papers (preferably under timed conditions) and then seek feedback to check whether you are on the right track. The HSC exam is the most important exam and you should take every available opportunity to improve seriously.
  • feel that you are capable of comfortably writing essays on the spot, you should ensure that you are familiar with your prescribed texts, including techniques, quotes and their relevance to their respective module. Once ready, you should attempt several past HSC questions (preferably under timed conditions) in order to maintain a sufficiently high standard, while also ensuring that you receive feedback (see idkkdi's advice above).
Module C is somewhat similar in that you may be able to write a response that you would have prepared in advance, although depending on the question, you may end up needing to develop one from scratch. Despite the lack of resources at the time (being part of the first cohort to sit the exam under the current syllabus), I personally chose to answer the question on the spot, having thoroughly prepared by answering sample Module C questions and considering my teacher's feedback.

I hope this helps! :D

humptydumpty5

HSC
N/A
bruhhh for math Im actually gone someone save me with tips please

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)