• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

how's mech eng at uts? (1 Viewer)

HSC
hey pplz,

just wondering which uni i would like to be going to so that when it's time to put down my preferences, i'll know which uni/course and in what order and so on.

so this is for all you uts mech eng/automotive students:

how many class time hours a week is the normal?
hows the transport to and from uni?
what can i expect to be involved in formula sae, say even from first year?
what type of subjects are taught and that kinda stuff?
and any other general things i havn't mentioned here...?

anyway, hope you guys can help me out, thx. :cool:

L

lucky

how many class time hours a week is the normal? about 20 a week (lecs + tuts + pracs/labs)

hows the transport to and from uni? 10 mins walk from central station

what can i expect to be involved in formula sae, say even from first year? i dun understand what u are asking

what type of subjects are taught and that kinda stuff? basic mathematics and physics subject and a few introductory subject of your major (mech).

and any other general things i havn't mentioned here...? mentioned?? you're asking question, how am i suppose to no what u are going to ask? :p

NB : uts is said to be the "best" in engineering..

HSC
what i meant was what can a 1st year undergraduate expect to be able to contribute towards in formula sae,

and any other general things like, what's it like for you overall in terms of uni and stuff, how do you feel about some certain things... i dunno, general stuff cause i dont go to uni yet and dunno what to expect =P

L

lucky

i dunno whats formula sae mate..

umm.. engineering is hard... but fun... i enjoy the challange.. :)

HSC
aight thx, thats all i needed =)

btw formula sae is like an external activity course/subject/activity thingo that although doesn't count to uni marks but you get to design and make a cool formula car (like formula 1, formula 3, formula ford/holden, etc... ie. open wheel-open roof racers) over the period of 1 year and then you get to race it at the annual event at one of the proving grounds near the holden/ford/toyota/mitsubishi manufacturing factories...

L

lucky

yea.. i fink we do.. well.. i personally do electrical.. so yea.. i heard there is something like that at uts..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)