How's your major work going? (1 Viewer)

soopacow

Igloo?
HSC
goosiegoo said:
Oh, i don't do other school work unless i absolutely must. All my afternoons are spent doing my art (and sometimes drama) major work... if i have anything to work on at the time. I put my major works aside to do assignments for other subjects when they come but it drives me crazy not being able to work on them.

And i can't do work IN art, because i do graphic design and my art room doesn't have a computer, and the teacher in the room next door with computers chucks a hissy fit everytime i use them. *scowl*. So... i sit and 'plan' in art.
THAT is the same as me!! im also doing graphic design (drawing?! lol)... stresses me out that i actually have to bring my drawing tablet every time with me to school for art >.<

goosiegoo

HSC
soopacow said:
THAT is the same as me!! im also doing graphic design (drawing?! lol)... stresses me out that i actually have to bring my drawing tablet every time with me to school for art >.<
Oh, that would be frustrating! Eell actually i'm not doing graphic design i'm doing photo manipulation (i always say graphics design... ha). But yes, the resources at school really anger me sometimes.

kathrynso

HSC
Thankgoodness I didn't choose Art as one of my subjects.. I had a feeling that the major work was goignt o be sooo stressful.. instead I picked Dance. My major is finished! And my Composition.... is not so finished but its getting there....

Good Luck Everyone!

jirwin

HSC
My art one is now going all good. I'm doing image manipulation and i HATE doing it at school cos we only have Mac computers in art and i have no idea how to use them and i can't get the internet on my laptop at school.

my dnt major on the other hand hasn't even really began. i need more than 3mths to do this in :(

why is the art and dnt major due on the same bloody day!

HSC
I do 13 units with 2 major works!!!!

Its alot of work with lots of travel for me which takes more time from doing them. My visual arts doesn't really worry me at all but my IT one is a real issue!!! I find they are alot more stressful then courses that have a set criteria and syllabus for you to learn and study!!

goosiegoo

HSC
jirwin said:
My art one is now going all good. I'm doing image manipulation and i HATE doing it at school cos we only have Mac computers in art and i have no idea how to use them and i can't get the internet on my laptop at school.
Haha, I have no idea how to use PCs :p luckily we have alot of macs at my school but they're all really slow.
If you're just using photoshop or something it shouldn't be too hard...

jirwin

HSC
yeah im using photoshop but the macs still confuse me. the mouse doesnt have two buttons :( minimizing and stuff is different - hard to hide this forum from the teachers lol

TDjie

♥ Hello ♥
HSC
My Ext 2 one is.. well.. coming. ^^;;
My Society and Culture PIP is moving along quite peachily. :3

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
TDjie said:
My Ext 2 one is.. well.. coming. ^^;;
My Society and Culture PIP is moving along quite peachily. :3
That burned my eyes. And for no good reason.

goosiegoo

HSC
jirwin said:
yeah im using photoshop but the macs still confuse me. the mouse doesnt have two buttons :( minimizing and stuff is different - hard to hide this forum from the teachers lol
You'll find that in most cases pressing 'control' 'click' will do the same as right click... But i'm pretty sure if you were really desperate you could plug in a 2 buttoned mouse and it'd do the same. I think so atleast.

If you need any help with using the mac computers feel free to ask me, i know all about macs and i don't mind. Hehe. What sort of stuff are you doing in photoshop?

101-UAI

HSC
extension 2 is coming along quite nicely, i'm really enjoying it

extension history is mad, i love it, so interesting, i noe i'm really gna nail it this year

jirwin

HSC
goosiegoo said:
You'll find that in most cases pressing 'control' 'click' will do the same as right click... But i'm pretty sure if you were really desperate you could plug in a 2 buttoned mouse and it'd do the same. I think so atleast.

If you need any help with using the mac computers feel free to ask me, i know all about macs and i don't mind. Hehe. What sort of stuff are you doing in photoshop?
i always get mixed up with control and the other funny symbolled one... and i dont like the whole layout... ill double click to make the window wider but it minimizes instead... its so much harder hiding stuff from teachers too!

for art im using photoshop to manipulate images from the net - just making them look nicer such as darker, stronger, brighter etc etc... i've made a background to put them on using just filters as well.

for dnt im using photoshop to make web graphics like logos, navigation, buttons, header etc. i also plan on drawing like characters but my drawing is crap so i dont know how i will go. my skills are quite limited but i learnt how to slice images for the web during the last set of holidays and i made my first webpage totally in photoshop... but i am using dreamweaver for dnt because i dont have time to learn photoshop website making properly... altho all the graphics are going to be from photoshop anyway

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
(@!$*&ing software and it not (!$&!*($ing working for no !)$&@!$#ing good reason!

Beege

HSC
I have the get the search and sorting functions working in my program. It will be effort!

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Beege said:
I have the get the search and sorting functions working in my program. It will be effort!
Haha, that's what I was doing. I had the actual function going, but my high scores won't display right because for some reason my String variables won't write to a file.

Oh well, whatever. I'm done with the actual program, from here on it's pure documentation.

goosiegoo

HSC
jirwin said:
i always get mixed up with control and the other funny symbolled one... and i dont like the whole layout... ill double click to make the window wider but it minimizes instead... its so much harder hiding stuff from teachers too!

for art im using photoshop to manipulate images from the net - just making them look nicer such as darker, stronger, brighter etc etc... i've made a background to put them on using just filters as well.

for dnt im using photoshop to make web graphics like logos, navigation, buttons, header etc. i also plan on drawing like characters but my drawing is crap so i dont know how i will go. my skills are quite limited but i learnt how to slice images for the web during the last set of holidays and i made my first webpage totally in photoshop... but i am using dreamweaver for dnt because i dont have time to learn photoshop website making properly... altho all the graphics are going to be from photoshop anyway
Hehe, well i'm pretty sure that you just click the 'window wider' button once... but i usually use the the little white box in the corner with the diagonal lines to drag the page to the size i want.
Oh, and if you're using a mac with atleast... OS panther on it, a good way to hide stuff from teachers is pressing F11, it'll make all the pages go to the sides and show you the desktop, and then you just press F11 again to get it back. Always works for me, because i press it and pretend to open something on the desktop. :D

Sounds like you're doing something similar to me in art, except i'm manipulating my own photos.

Well, i'm not quite sure of the layout in PC photoshop... but you should probably get the hang of the mac one pretty quickly.

I've never tried to make website entirely on photoshop (haha, i usually just use HTML because programs annoy me. :p but then again i haven't made a website in a long time.) i tried to use Adobe GoLive once, so difficult! Dreamweaver is probably the way to go.
:D

HSC
goosiegoo said:
Hehe, well i'm pretty sure that you just click the 'window wider' button once... but i usually use the the little white box in the corner with the diagonal lines to drag the page to the size i want.
Oh, and if you're using a mac with atleast... OS panther on it, a good way to hide stuff from teachers is pressing F11, it'll make all the pages go to the sides and show you the desktop, and then you just press F11 again to get it back. Always works for me, because i press it and pretend to open something on the desktop. :D

Sounds like you're doing something similar to me in art, except i'm manipulating my own photos.

Well, i'm not quite sure of the layout in PC photoshop... but you should probably get the hang of the mac one pretty quickly.

I've never tried to make website entirely on photoshop (haha, i usually just use HTML because programs annoy me. :p but then again i haven't made a website in a long time.) i tried to use Adobe GoLive once, so difficult! Dreamweaver is probably the way to go.
:D
PC and Mac PS are pretty much the same to me. And OMG, how amazing is CS3!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)