• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Hoyts Employees (2 Viewers)

Trogie

HSC
I heard the grossest stuff, like instead of chucking out old icecream they would just dump the new ice cream on top!
Hoyts seem to be perpetually hiring, and they use a probationary pay rate which is like 7 bucks which then systematically goes up to like 10.16 or something. The thing is they just keep hiring new staff so that the cheaper rate is constantly being used and employees who have been there a year or more are sort of weeded out (unless you work days, which most students can't)
Other than that i reckon it'd be cushy, and the employee benefits are pretty mad

mattyg87

HSC
yeah benefits are great but the hours suck! i have told them i can work anytime thursday about 3 times, yet they havent rostered me on day then, and still complain at staff meetings that everyone has N/A'ed for thursdays - yeah im on 10.16 but the probation rate is like 8.12

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i used to work at hoyts broadway back in yr 10

being 15 and earning $10/hr was good - but how shit is it that you don't get a payrise til 18?? plus the lack of sunday loading, what bullshit.

it was mostly good, i miss the free tix :p

froggy_chik87

HSC
i realli quite lyk working at hoyts...pay aint THAT bad...but yea...hoyts do rip people off heaps...do you know a largo box of popcorn cost them $0.16 to make...but we charge $7.20, for people to buy!! about the icecream...as we are a prity busy location, when we do scoop the old icecream ontop of the new, so tht it isnt a waste, it goes prity quickly!

mattyg87

HSC
haha yeah i heard something about them making $7 out of a large popcorn lol. the pay is good, and the time usually goes fast, and its a pretty social job really. Alot of time for chat with other staff

kahuna14

HSC
if hoyts ask u to come in for orientation for 3 hrs, and to bring in bank stuff ...

does that mean you got the job?

froggy_chik87

HSC
no, it doesnt necessarily mean you have gotton the job. But, it depends...have you already been in for an interview?...if so, that most likely means you have gotton the job, and that would be your orientation...

so have you been in for an interview already?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)