Hp (1 Viewer)

xLilith

HSC
Apparently a lot of people have issues with choosing it as a related text concerning belonging, but there shouldn't be a problem with it at all.

The idea of houses in Hogwarts and the traits that define them is a great example as is the complete separation of the muggle world to the magical one.

Harry belonging to the wizarding world is another issue that frequents the series, it's not that he doesn't want to just that everyone gives him crap, so do alot of people in the school itself (CoS) and the Daily Prophet slanders his name.

The concept of family also comes up with the whole Durselys-hate-freaks-woe-is-me and when Sirius finally offers him a home. The episode with the Mirror of Erised also highlights on that.

Him belonging to a group is shown with the DA and I can't be bothered going on, but you get the point.

It's not the bext text for belonging, but it certainly is a viable one.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
So...like....do you have a question or something?

Last edited:

jellybelly59

HSC
Him belonging to a group is shown with the DA and I can't be bothered going on, but you get the point.

It's not the bext text for belonging, but it certainly is a viable one.
That's relative to the level of your analysis. If you're going to say something superficial about the text - then you might as well go with the ugly duckling.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Did I say I did?

Get a new prescription for your glasses.
Oh nice. Save some of that biting wit for your essays and you may do well.

So what exactly is the purpose of this thread?

xLilith

HSC
That's relative to the level of your analysis. If you're going to say something superficial about the text - then you might as well go with the ugly duckling.
But the Ugly Duckling is a pretty simple story with a pretty simple moral while HP has a more complex background and different examples that can be examined.

So what exactly is the purpose of this thread?
To point something out, I thought that much was pretty obvious, unless you really are visually impaired.

But that's okay, I have no bias towards those with disabilities, I'm very accepting in that regard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)