Hrm Or Int Business??? Help Pls Urgent! (1 Viewer)

wyho

HSC
N/A
HI everyone i need help.

i need to choose between majoring in human resource management or international business.

i have ask a number of people and some people said IB is useless.

personally my english is not very good, i need to know the main differences between these two majors, and

what career positions are lead from these majors?

can you please give me some examples of positions at the workforce for both?

i am thinking of taking IB but i want to work at a job with something related to HRM.

please give alot of advice to me thanks

Loz_metalhead

HSC
If you are not very good at English, you will have trouble with IB. My friend does it and there are a lot of essays you have to write for assignments and exams. It is heavily theory based.

wyho

HSC
N/A
please disregard the part where i said i am bad at english. i just want to know my other questions above. advice pls thanks!

Loz_metalhead

HSC
IB and Human resources are NOT strong majors...you need something like finance, eco, accounting to accompany it. If not, you are wasting your time and money.

Last edited:

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
That's not necessarily true. just because what you learn at uni does not directly relate to your post-uni job, it doesn't mean you're wasting your time and money. I think that's just bias from students studying ACCT/FINS

but yes, IB courses are full of essays, assignments, case studies, written and verbal presentations, and of course exams.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
dont do business. its a waste of time....

if i were you i would actually speak to a careers advisor....especially one from unsw if that is the place for attaining your degree. and if that doesnt help go to the dean of that school and find out from the sources.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)