HSC 2003 CAINERS!! What is the SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT tip u cud give for hsc 04? (1 Viewer)

~DuMbEr~

Keep ur assessment ranks up..try top 3 in every subject..and try hard to find some sort of interest in the subject, even if it is boring..jus try..and also cram ur ass off nite before...its amazing how much u can absorb when u cram..

Toby

hmm..
motivation and hard work

try as be as motivated as possible, whether its kicking your best friends ass in the hsc, or pleasing parents/teachers/relatives, or gratification from getting a high uai, just remember that hard work and study pays off the the future

good luck!

Last edited:

MilfordSound

Just be smart
i lazed about all year, and hardly studied, and got 88.85, hahaha
being a nerd isnt worth it

frenchy

Dont be over confident that you will do good in that HSC exams just because you do well in assessments.

Golani

study hard

develop good strong sense of guilt for when you cbf studying

be competitive

aim for the sky

pray and go to synagogue

(99.40)

polo sport

forget about ur social life for a while ----its always gonna be there afterwards
- do normal stuff like work----i worked everywinsgle week except for 2 weeks during trials, and4 weeks during HSC
UAI: 98.2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i thought i crapped my trials, i thought i crapped the HSC.......dont focus on ur mistakes cuz then you dont concnetrate on ur other exams........

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
argh... anyone doin exactly 10 units get over 90 ?

Saintly Devil

Originally posted by Seraph
a guy in our school did and he got a 100

In terms of tips.......i think it would have to be consistency (hard work throughout the year), making notes (not just writing - e.g. i made all my notes using mind maps), doing past papers, classwork and homework that are most important. But make sure you don't work too hard. give yourself a break immediately after the trials - otherwise u may risk burning out (which i almost did...).

In terms of subject selection, i think you shouldn't do subjects that you downright aren't interested in or don't want to do, but then again, if you have an opportunity and don't think you'll go TOO bad in an extension subject, i would recommend you take it - since you can always drop it anyway, and it will most probably scale better (much better). i.e. don't be too intimidated by subjects like 4u maths if your doing above average to very good in like 3u maths - may as well try it out. (i sorta made this mistake not doing 4u maths - my friends, who were more less at my level in year 11 ended up being scaled much better and got uai's like 99.8)

Also, get a good nights sleep before the exam, and try eating (immediately before the exam) just enough to get you through the exam - you will be able to concentrate much better than if you go into the exam on a full stomach.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
make copious amounts of notes every afternoon...organise them going through the syllabus, thats most effective

and dont burn out early. keep ur expectations realistic and take a break when u feel u need to coz u aint gonna learn when ur dead tired

ooh and read notes b4 bed especially b4 bed & then recite before falling asleep coz it sticks in ur short term memory

so theres 3 bits of advice (u see, i didnt do maths in the HSC, thats why i cant count!) :D

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Originally posted by Seraph
yeah its extremely do-able. u just have 2 make sure u really really really love the subjects. i did advanced english, modern history, legal, ancient and art & got 92.9. my boyfriend got 99.4 with 10 units

Ringo

Originally posted by AK Gumbi
I think its better u choose subjects that u actually like (and usually, therefore, good at) than those which scale good (also scaling is not consistant year to year anyways)
+1
I did no Extension subjects, Adv English, Geog, Anc + Mod History and Legal, all subjects which arent known for their massive scaling. I still got 99.1.

Do subject you like, and it often helps to have 12 units just in case.

Leap

free falling
HSC
Prepare really good study notes for the half yearly exams, because you probably won't have much time before the trials.

nerdd

SLEEP!
some ppl i know woke up heaps early in the morning and studied all the way through to the late night..
i woke up at like 9-10 when studying for hsc and didn't start until 10:30-11!
i'd always stop studying at 11:30pm at the latest.
my latest night was 12:30AM the night before a hsc exam.

(i got high 90s)

Last edited:

vegeta_316

If you want a comfortable UAI in the 90s tackle the good scaling subjects.

I did 10 units: Subject (HSC Mark)

Adv English (79)
Chemistry (80)
Economics (86)
Maths Ext 1 (87)
Maths Ext 2 (81)

UAI: 94.6

I don't know about you but I think that's a pretty comfortable effort. It's unbelievable what Maths Ext 2 does to your UAI even if you get 81 like I did. Hehe. Best move I made was choosing Ext 2 Maths. Even though I kept getting crappy marks for my assessments, I didn't let it discourage me cause I knew what it would do for my UAI if I kept it and well, my UAI speeks for itself doesn't it. ;) There's no way I would have cracked the 90s UAI I don't think if I had chosen bio and geography over ext 1 & 2 maths so yeah, the single most important tip i can give is if you think you can handle extension subjects then choose them. They'll do wonders for your UAI. ;)

If your good at maths then pick ext 2 maths. Seriously if you just understand the basics of each topic in ext 2, you'll be sweet getting in the 80s as your HSC mark. It's exactly what I did and it payed off handsomely.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
subject choices are important- hence, CHOOSE high scaling subjects! :D

or something you like and really, and I mean really good at it!

scandal

HSC
To succeed, you must first believe that you can achieve whatever it is u wasnt to achieve - it may be a uai of 99 or simply passing - whatever suits u

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)