HSC 2004: which school will top? (1 Viewer)

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
James Ruse... like nearly every other year....

ecka

Parkes High all the way!!!!! I don't think any Sydney private school has the right to top the HSC as they automatically have an advantage over schools like ours. We get 5 bonus marks for some universities but thats it.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
ThugAngel said:
This year the Kings school is ready for a big one. We have been geeking it up, even choosing to miss some of out sport practices so that we may study. All those other skools especially Ruse will get worked by the might of sheer theoreticsm. We are intellectual donks and are taking no crap this year and are going to finish top five.
Yeah big ups to TKS.

viking

Seriusly, who gives that much of a shit about school to get that high a UAI. These people obviously have no life. I care about my UAI but not to the point that I want o push myself to get 100. Besides, private schools are stupid.

pitted

HSC
N/A
fush said:
how can ruse have a median of 99.45...the top at my school last year was 99.10
we suck
viking i agree whole heartedly....and ne1 who says the country schools are "disadvantaged" well we are...usually our parents are low/middle income earners.

e.g. our dux of the school got about a 96 last year compare that with the quote and i say WTF! selective/private schools are all crazy! btw i go to a public school and trust me when compared to ANY sydney school we lose out big time.

well thats my two cents have a good one - ciao!

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
pitted said:
viking i agree whole heartedly....and ne1 who says the country schools are "disadvantaged" well we are...usually our parents are low/middle income earners.

e.g. our dux of the school got about a 96 last year compare that with the quote and i say WTF! selective/private schools are all crazy! btw i go to a public school and trust me when compared to ANY sydney school we lose out big time.

well thats my two cents have a good one - ciao!
i go to a private school and i completely agree. we are extremely advantaged over public schools. it isnt just the teaching, its the resources such as almost limitless photocopying and handouts we get. alot of our teachers spoon feed (but usually on the condition we do work). we all have text books where as at other schools they have limited computers an internet. we have a huge internet system etc. if we dont do well or do our best we are almost steeling from our parents. we have sooooo many opprotunities at our school, and although alot of people are madew to go there by parents, it is a shame to see them not taking advantage of these opportunities.
i have friends form bathurst and they are shocked to hear how much extras our teachers give us, basically cos they are payed really well but also cos of resources. i have two huge folders full of photocopied texts and handouts, as well as my text book.
it is shameful that many private shoolers dont work hard. but i must admit, if you have a brain and are committed you will succeed in the hsc no matter what school you go to. it may be the difference of 2 pts but with uni allowances of 5 pts in some cases its a fair deal.

max

That which u feel becomes
HSC
I reckon Wilcannia Selective High has the wraps on all...

Farcanell

ThugAngel said:
This year the Kings school is ready for a big one. We have been geeking it up, even choosing to miss some of out sport practices so that we may study. All those other skools especially Ruse will get worked by the might of sheer theoreticsm. We are intellectual donks and are taking no crap this year and are going to finish top five.
I hope that's sarcasm... considering the atrocious academic results seen from Kings in the past I honestly couldn't imagine them getting anywhere near top 5 any time soon...

But yeah, some private schools do quite well for themselves. Mind you they're usually the ones with plenty of scholarships and some degree of academic criteria in their selection process, so a comparison against the non selective public/private schools isn't really valid.

notnownotever

PRINCE
HSC
i reckon it will be hands down it will RUSE.... for f**k sake.... the students have no life, they are dull boring and 1 dimensinal... i wouldn't be surprised it some shit school-(no offence given about that remark) with students do have a life kick their arses hands down... i predict a major fall in private schools ie santa sabina, plc, trinty grammer, st marys cathedral college and kings... these schools need to improve....only 5 out of the whole year will do well but the rest will do shit... in my final thoughts.... there should be a law that prohibits students to have fun... break away of the tridition of having forceful parents... people who have fun in their lives should get high mark.. not some one who works and in the future disadvantages themselves.. take for instance homer simpson and frank grimes
get the point, because i dont

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
lukebennett said:
i go to a private school and i completely agree. we are extremely advantaged over public schools. it isnt just the teaching, its the resources such as almost limitless photocopying and handouts we get. alot of our teachers spoon feed (but usually on the condition we do work). we all have text books where as at other schools they have limited computers an internet. we have a huge internet system etc. if we dont do well or do our best we are almost steeling from our parents. we have sooooo many opprotunities at our school, and although alot of people are madew to go there by parents, it is a shame to see them not taking advantage of these opportunities.
i have friends form bathurst and they are shocked to hear how much extras our teachers give us, basically cos they are payed really well but also cos of resources. i have two huge folders full of photocopied texts and handouts, as well as my text book.
it is shameful that many private shoolers dont work hard. but i must admit, if you have a brain and are committed you will succeed in the hsc no matter what school you go to. it may be the difference of 2 pts but with uni allowances of 5 pts in some cases its a fair deal.
our teachers don't spoon feed us, well my teachers that i have for my subjects don't tend to. But the history coordinator does, that's why majority of the students get 90+, haha er, I don't know how they are gonna survive after school.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Too much funding goes towards Selective schools like Ruse and Baulko, and not enough funding goes towards Selective schools like Girraween and Penrith. I'd like to see how well Ruse does with the funding that Girra gets, and I'd like to see how well Girra does with the funding Ruse gets.

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
I've been to both girra and baulko and I reckon they get about the same amount of funding.

toryn

Queen of Failure
HSC
unmentionable said:
just out of curiosity has anyone heard of st george girls?
Ditto. Sure, we don't come first, but nobody's even mentioned us as a top-ten school.

I feel kinda hurt. :(

ay_caramba

Crazily Sane.
HSC
i'll stick to my prediction of HGHS..um..coming first :D
hey, anythings possible! (well not really..)

cameron0110

HSC
Phanatical said:
Too much funding goes towards Selective schools like Ruse and Baulko, and not enough funding goes towards Selective schools like Girraween and Penrith. I'd like to see how well Ruse does with the funding that Girra gets, and I'd like to see how well Girra does with the funding Ruse gets.
Yeah Baulko gets so much funding it took us over 20 years to get a school hall. I know Girra have carpark issues and things but it wasn't that many years ago when Girra had better facilities than Baulko, just recently we've had a few things done that you guys have missed out on but will probably get in the upcoming few months/years anyway (not that it will affect any of u guys but in terms of the future). Plus most of our funding has gone to the school hall and air conditioning (which Girra is now having installed anyway) and really how much is the academic standard going to be improved by air conditioning and a school hall?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)