HSC 2004: which school will top? (1 Viewer)

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
dudue, wtf out school doesn't even have air con besides the library, office, staff rooms, the technology block and the computer rooms...
so called private school.... bleh.

But at least our hall got a stage lol.

skpmastah

Girraween doesnt have a hall, much less a stage
Girraween doesnt have a car park
Girraween has not been finished yet in terms of being built, there is another block of buildings that are supposed to go in, but never did
Girraween does not have air con
Girraween had ZERO computers in the library as at year 12 04's last day

However, the funding should not be taken off schools such as Baulko and Ruse, it should be taken off schools like Kings and Tara and all those kind of institutions. Funny how they get so much money yet public schools still kick their arses. Funny how so many ppl are proclaiming what an advantage it is to goto a private school when every year it is a Public school that comes first. A public school with the same kind of problems as i listed before compared to private schools with their text books and spoon feeding and diaper rash... Why didnt the idiots vote in latham

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
private schooling has different advantages. kings and tara for example focus on breeding more than academics and an all round education such as sports and stuff. selective schools tend to be alot more academic focused from what i know. private schools are not necessarily academically selective like selective schools so there are alot more smart people at selective schools while many private schools have a broad spectrum

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
(^o^) said:
our teachers don't spoon feed us, well my teachers that i have for my subjects don't tend to. But the history coordinator does, that's why majority of the students get 90+, haha er, I don't know how they are gonna survive after school.
ours spoon feed us if we are willing to do the work . alot of people who are spoon fed still cope after school in uni as long as they know how to do work independantly. the top 50 or so wouldnt really have a problem with that

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
While everyone argues why their school is the shittest for a reason unbeknownist to myself, i was just wondering what are the lowest uai's at JR usually. Just wondering if i went there how bad my ranks would be..

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
And rich people are too cool and attractive to study, like the OC. Thats why they suck. :uhhuh:

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
skpmastah said:
Girraween doesnt have a hall, much less a stage
Girraween doesnt have a car park
Girraween has not been finished yet in terms of being built, there is another block of buildings that are supposed to go in, but never did
Girraween does not have air con
Girraween had ZERO computers in the library as at year 12 04's last day

However, the funding should not be taken off schools such as Baulko and Ruse, it should be taken off schools like Kings and Tara and all those kind of institutions. Funny how they get so much money yet public schools still kick their arses. Funny how so many ppl are proclaiming what an advantage it is to goto a private school when every year it is a Public school that comes first. A public school with the same kind of problems as i listed before compared to private schools with their text books and spoon feeding and diaper rash... Why didnt the idiots vote in latham
I completely agree. I've gone to the Kings school for my AMEB theory exams, and the facilities there are so much nicer. I have so much contempt for it that i used to draw all over their desks when i was in the exams.

Problem is that when schools like James Ruse and Baulko think they're being short changed, they seem to forget that other schools aren't exactly swimming in it either. As the pride of the Public School system, JR and Baulko get a LOT more funding than even other selective schools like Girraween, much less pathetic comprehensive schools like Greystanes.

HSC
N/A
Why is it that Baulko gets so much funding? (just according to previous posts)

What about selectives like Hornsby and Normanhurst? How do we rank on the funding scale? (Out of complete curiosity).

HGHS also only got Air-Con in like, 6 rooms because we sort-of-not-really-but-kinda sued Westfield during its construction period when they were making SO much noise...

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
glitterfairy said:
Why is it that Baulko gets so much funding? (just according to previous posts)

What about selectives like Hornsby and Normanhurst? How do we rank on the funding scale? (Out of complete curiosity).

HGHS also only got Air-Con in like, 6 rooms because we sort-of-not-really-but-kinda sued Westfield during its construction period when they were making SO much noise...
I don't believe that Baulko gets more funding, they just use it in different ways. Girraween, for example, when you sign in late, has a computerised system where you swipe your ID card, but at Baulko you do it manually by writing it on a piece of paper. The changerooms at girraween are also in better condition, although I admit, they aren't in great condition. Baulko chooses to spend their funding on air conditioning. The classrooms at Baulko seem like their made out of paper mache. At least at girra the class rooms were decent. Each school prioritises differently, it oesn't mean they get more or less funding. That's just my observation anyway, from attending both schools.

Courtney

HSC
Hey, I believe the heading did say 'which school will top'...not 'which school has the most funding'....i dont mean to sound rude although I think the thread did go off on a sort of a tangent!

I agree with this:
"it is shameful that many private shoolers dont work hard. but i must admit, if you have a brain and are committed you will succeed in the hsc no matter what school you go to. it may be the difference of 2 pts but with uni allowances of 5 pts in some cases its a fair deal."

Both my brother and sister go to a private school and my brother is leaving school this year and my sister is moving to my high school which is public on her own accord! Both my brother and sister did not benefit from a private school! But it does honestly depend on the person...

Although I did go to a state school, i believe I was not limited on resources. I have heaps and heaps of photocopied notes as well as my textbooks and teachers in my school would stay back in the afternoon for extra tutorials...

But anyways, Im not worried which school gets the highest ranking, all I have to worry about is my own mark and if I get into to what I want to do, cause i dont think my school will get me into what i want to do, instead I do it myself!

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
it would be a nice surprise to see someone beat ruse, but i highly doubt it...

nattylee

HSC
Annegelic said:
James Ruse.
And any other selective school, except Penrith, who i hear don't do very well for a so-called selective school.
penrith does ok, they top the western area out here every year...meh, my skool wont even get close so i dont care. my bet is on ruse for sure, and north syd girls will get top 5...

HSC
Annegelic said:
James Ruse.
And any other selective school, except Penrith, who i hear don't do very well for a so-called selective school.

Hey, dont knock the might of the Penrith. I finished there this year, and sure, there are plenty of people who suck, but id b surprised if that wasnt the way at heaps of schools. Anyway, the point is that PHS is a gun school, evidenced by the fact that last yr we had some guy win some ultra-prestigious scholarship to U Syd, as well as many other (comparatively) lesser achievers who also won scholarships/cadetships etc.

Last edited:
HSC
nattylee said:
penrith does ok, they top the western area out here every year...meh, my skool wont even get close so i dont care. my bet is on ruse for sure, and north syd girls will get top 5...

WHOA! that was bizarre!

i go into bat for the good old girl, and all of a sudden, i find that someone else has done it for me!

top stuff nattylee!

HSC
also nattylee, ur profile says u go to MCC. my dads a teacher there. small world huh? anyway, still stoked that someone else stuck up for penrith :D

jen23

glitterfairy said:
Isn't there like, a really really smart girl's private school that came 2nd once? I think it started with an 'M'... can't remember name...
MLC's pretty smart. my friend goes there and 80% of the grade get over 90, and 50% of the grade get over 95.. well according to her anyway!

cimbom

HSC
St Marys Senior High and Wyndham College are the non- selective government senior schools that will shock all with their fantastic results in the near future... sure there are kids who don't do much, but there are plenty of students still that are really dedicated and intelligent :cool: . Watch out especially in next year's HSC.

nattylee

HSC
Albert K. Holic said:
also nattylee, ur profile says u go to MCC. my dads a teacher there. small world huh? anyway, still stoked that someone else stuck up for penrith :D

gotsta luv penno (my grammar heaps good, no?!!!), im a westie thru and thru, i cant stand when people knock us and call us yobbos, or make fun of our schools etc, etc...grrr! :vcross:

yeah, i just finished @ mcc, who is ur dad? i'd probably know him...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)