Hsc 2006 (1 Viewer)

P

pLuvia

Physician you'll do fine, and thanks for the advice mate :p Good Luck in the HSC and I'll repeat you only have 6 days to go till the moment... :)

rama_v

HSC
Hey good luck guys
As some ppl have already said above, start working early on, from day one, just summarise the dotpoints you did at school every day in your book, trust me, the year goes very fast, and if you've been doing this you will breeze through the trials :)

I can tell you that if u do 3 or 4 unit maths then 60-70% of your time will be taking up with just maths - but you should enjoy doing it, well i do anyway lol

Make sure you sleep well, dont study 24 hrous a day, and dont go flat out early on - just an hour or two a day when you feel like it, get out the study book and do your summaries or write an essay, or do a maths paper, etc.

Another tip is if you find it hard to study, then study with a friend online. Use skype, or IRC or some other program, and try to get something going, it aids in motivation :D

HamuTarou

Ar U TaLkiNG 2 Me?! o.O
HSC
60-70% of my time? no worries! i enjoy maths

well the problem with me is u cant really summarise dot points for eng and maths, phy and chem we dont have our textbooks (05ers have them), not until HSC finishes. teachers only started teaching. oh well :(

P

pLuvia

Yes, exactly. We don't get our textbooks for chemistry until after the HSC finishes :(, or when the 2005ers hand them back in.

60%-70%, wow, damn :). I also have 3u and 4u tutor on top of that :p

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
60-70% ???!! @$#^^$$!!?..
omg..i hate maths...
... *sigh*... 4u here i come...=|
we dont get our textbooks till 2005ers get them bak

P

pLuvia

haha you hate maths :( Yet you're doing MX2 :p, oh wells, said before, it's an asian thing lol :p

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
haha yea.=\
.. i hate it since primary skool..O_O..

we still donno our eng syllabus and stuffs yet.. xD

P

pLuvia

We already know what we are doing for English

Journey - Imaginative = Poems of Samuel Coleridge
Module A - In the wild - Blade Runner / Brave New World
Module B - King Lear
Module C - Telling the truth - Frontline

Last edited by a moderator:

jdrockefeller

HSC
Read Brave New World now. Not because you have to or anything, but because it's that damn good. Haha, and you got shafted on Telling the Truth. Sif do that option and not watch Frontline - best text ever...

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Get out while you still can. Drop out of highschool and become a rock guitarist.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
good lord this is the weirdest feeling ever. I cant quite wrap my head around the fact that i am one of the unlucky ones doing the HSC now. it really truly does feel like just last week when i started year 12, reading threads exactly like this one. with 04'ers giving advice to us 05'ers. im not going to say "start studying now.. etc" coz im sure youve all heard it plenty of times. and to be truthful, i didnt take any of that advice when i finished year 11.

FroZenWaffleS

HSC
Today i was being praised by my chemistry teacher for writing the most in the chemistry prac (was like 7 pages) and finished with 10 minutes to spare while more than half the chem students at my school didnt finish.

Trev

stix
HSC
Some advice;
If you're one of those people like I was that said "i'll start studying at the start of year 11" and you didn't; you said "i'll start studying at the start of year 12" and you don't; if you make yourself more promises don't expect them to be kept.
5 days before HSC begins I haven't even looked at 5 of my units (English, IPT, SOR1), I have covered about half of chemistry quite dodgily and still haven't learnt all the content needed for maths... go me.

Trev

stix
HSC
FroZenWaffleS said:
Today i was being praised by my chemistry teacher for writing the most in the chemistry prac (was like 7 pages) and finished with 10 minutes to spare while more than half the chem students at my school didnt finish.
It's people like you that shit me.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
Trev said:
Some advice;
If you're one of those people like I was that said "i'll start studying at the start of year 11" and you didn't; you said "i'll start studying at the start of year 12" and you don't; if you make yourself more promises don't expect them to be kept.
5 days before HSC begins I haven't even looked at 5 of my units (English, IPT, SOR1), I have covered about half of chemistry quite dodgily and still haven't learnt all the content needed for maths... go me.
TREV!! <3 :). You make me feel heaps better. Your the same as me!! only difference is that i havent even covered half of Chem. lol my bad. of well, GO US!!

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
For Class of 2006, the first HSC exam begins on Thursday 19th of October 2006. There are now (14/10/05) 370 days left until that day....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)