hsc 2006 (1 Viewer)

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
whats the use of internal assessments? i dont like them. id rather just be put against the state ie old hsc.

Exams don't test all the outcomes. A formal state-wide exam can't test how well you speak, act, or independently research and present information. Plus, some people just suck at external exams, and excel in speaking, oral, or group task assessments.

I_F

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
insert-username said:
whats the use of internal assessments? i dont like them. id rather just be put against the state ie old hsc.

Exams don't test all the outcomes. A formal state-wide exam can't test how well you speak, act, or independently research and present information. Plus, some people just suck at external exams, and excel in speaking, oral, or group task assessments.

agree, exams never determine the character you are or what your capable of. all it is is just a digit on a piece of paper...

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
I've done all my assessments for the term except maths which is next week. Oh and SOR is due this coming Monday. But we finish next Thursday! :D Thank GOD.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
That's why half of the marks in the hsc are assessments from school.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I've done 5/7 assessments, did my 4u maths today, only got chem tomorrow and english next wednesday to go... :p

klaw

HSC
JaredR said:
I've done all my assessments for the term except maths which is next week. Oh and SOR is due this coming Monday. But we finish next Thursday! :D Thank GOD.
lucky you... I have SOR and business monday, 2U maths and eco tuesday and 4U maths wednesday :(

Last edited:

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
3 done 3 to go..
first 3 were of the subjects i liked
the other 3 are the subjects i hate =(

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
3 done 3 to go..
first 3 were of the subjects i liked
the other 3 are the subjects i hate =(

Riviet

HSC
N/A
1 to go. English. My weakest subject. Open book test. Hehe. :p

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Riviet said:
1 to go. English. My weakest subject. Open book test. Hehe. :p
in yr11 we had an openbook test for maths, but what i found was that i wasted more time looking for how to do the question then doing it. thus resulted in me gettin a crap mark.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I'm glad that it's gonna be open book, all i gotta do is practice writing my essay out to different questions.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Riviet said:
I'm glad that it's gonna be open book, all i gotta do is practice writing my essay out to different questions.
Open book exam. ROFL. Too bad it's not done in other subjects where its most needed.

ediisjoz

HSC
It's not cool... but at the moment coz i just had work experience last week: year 11/12 work experience??!?!?!?!!?!! WHY???!? DON'T ASK!!! and now i'm in holiday mode.. couldnt give a flying f*ck about results for the end of year.. meh.. i'll be stressed next year though i can count on it... shit loads of chocolate will be required.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Smart_Dunce said:
Open book exam. ROFL. Too bad it's not done in other subjects where its most needed.
If it had to be one subject, i would pick english for sure, don't have to remember quotes and stuff, and also i've had open book maths tests where you brng an A4 piece of paper with formulae written all over it, which i never needed to use. :D

P

pLuvia

COCO_moiselle said:
Hi :)

I am willing to tutor anyone for Maths, Physics or Chemistry

I came top of Ascham school in the class of 2005
I was ranked:

1st in Maths ext 2
1st in Maths ext 1
1st in Physics
equal 1st in Chemistry
1st in Latin

I can provide you with detailed notes and summaries for all these subjects ;)
including prior notes - prior is an HSC tutoring college in Sydney - and also my own personal notes covering the whole syllabus

Please feel free to contact me via boredofstudies or by email if you need any help with your HSC :)

(my email is jswpang@gmail.com)

good luck with your studies!
You won't have much luck in this forum try the Tutor Forum

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)