• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HSC-2006s Reactions to 2005 HSC Results (1 Viewer)

frootloop

HSC
Trebla said:
He's in our grade btw. (i.e. Year 11 this year, Year 12 next year)
Also do you know what UAI David Ong got?
Really? I just thought he was one of those guys that you don't really hear much about... and you don't really notice them lol! Well, good on him!

And no, I don't know what David got. I'm wondering the same thing myself... it would be very, very close to 100- maybe he did get 100? I wouldn't have a clue.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
pLuvia's in Japan now (read his custom status for the dates) :uhhuh:

I

icycloud

Smart_Dunce said:
Are we smarter than 2005ers or is it just our school.
I reckon we are :D. But then again, that's what every year says about the year before them hehe.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
The number of band 6s was greater this year than last year.

Evolution fact: humans are getting smarter.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
icycloud said:
I reckon we are . But then again, that's what every year says about the year before them hehe.
I'll just keep reminding myself that Bigelow reckons we can get 45-50 uais of 99+. Now thats a big statement. But I reckon its plausible.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Trebla said:
Wow, Class of 2005 did really well this year for Sefton. Best since 2000.
What a jump from 56th to 28th! Yay, we beat Hurlstone and just a wee bit under Sydney Technical and we're only a semi-selective school!!!
The Class of 2005 for Sefton, have 5 people in the state top 20 for 2U maths including Andrew Duong who topped the state, one person came 10th in the state for biology, and one really talented guy, David Ong, came 2nd in history extension and 6th in maths extension 2.
David Ong got band 6 in English Advanced, English Extension 1, English Extension 2, Mathematics Extension 1, Mathematics Extension 2, Modern History and History Extension. Wahhhhh....that's an achievement you'd normally expect that from a James Ruse student.
We have 5 all rounders this year. Big improvement from only 2 people last year.
Great work Class of 2005!
Hope that our Class of 2006 will match that or perhaps do better, only time will tell..........

James Ruse may still be on top, but this year the percentage DA is much lower than that of 2004. If that continues, then we may have a new successor to the top throne pretty soon.
congrats on the performance of your school this yr. my cousin who goes there was telling me about that david ong.

slinky_cumquat

Geriatric
HSC
Smart_Dunce said:
Damn, I can't stop looking at this site, the Board of Studies site and the herald.

Our school came 26th in the state. We got beaten by James Ruse.. :(

[/B]

umm... no one can beat james ruse.. its like.. law...

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Hornsby Girls might give James Ruse a run for their money next year judging from their leap this year. But jeez, our school nabbed 76th in the state with 27 people in Year 12! 6 students with 90+ UAI. That's brilliant for a school our size... :eek: :D

I_F

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
True, true. But by that token, James Ruse might just have a very bad year coming up.

I_F

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
frootloop said:
That's got to be the top UAI from Sefton this year!
I think that was also the top UAI from Sefton last year as well. In 2004, Hong Hui, did 4U Maths, 4U English, Physics and Chemistry. He was 2 marks away from becoming an All Rounder, he came 2nd in the state for Mathematics Extension 2 (just behind Ngai from James Ruse) and ended up with 99.85. I don't think he stood out as much as David Ong, but Hong did science subjects whereas David did History subjects. They both ended up with 99.85 anyway.

As for James Ruse, this was probably one of their worst years since they had a low percentage of band 6 results this year. The only way they will be beaten, by the looks of it, is not by a massive improvement of other schools, but by James Ruse constantly lowering their percentage DA. Otherwise, if they improve by 2006, I doubt the other schools could catch up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)