Hsc 2008 Accurate Question Predictions (1 Viewer)

:::a:::

Un******
HSC
Post them here.

I particularly need to know which elements of the test will CERTAINLY not be in the test this year as it was a large question in last year's paper, for example.

Also, post up topics or specific questions that you believe haven't been asked for a while and are due to be asked tomorrow.

Only a matter of time ...

JasonNg1025

HSC
If someone got a dollar evey time one of these threads came out, they'd get rich too

My guess is it's going to be on batteries because there hasn't been one since 2001

kangms

HSC
i bet there is a question on ethanol (in either mc or short answers) lol...there has been every year

danz90

HSC
kangms said:
i bet there is a question on ethanol (in either mc or short answers) lol...there has been every year
There wasn't an ethanol question last year, meaning this year its guaranteed to be in there.

- Purifying/Sanitising Water

- Possibly AAS

- Haber Process (DEFINITELY - wasn't in short answers part last year)

- Modelling Ionisation of Acids (my personal prediction)

danz90

HSC
BradlovesJesus said:
Yeah, my predictions for the longer questions are:
- The suitability of ethanol as a fuel source; and
- The normal sort of question regarding batteries

Personally, I'm hoping for as little of water purification/sanitation as possible. It gets on my nerves! Haha I can just never seem to answer those questions in a way that markers would like.

Also, what did you mean by "Modelling Ionisation of Acids" Danz? You seem to have a very comprehensive understanding of the chemistry course, so I trust your predictions :)
haha thanks for the compliment, but I'm not that good.

Well, that dot-point has NEVER been asked before, and it tests alot. You would notice that there are quite a few dot points that involve modelling certain chemical processes - its a skills area of the course. So it could be in there...

I also think that this year's titration question will involve a titration curve, from which you are required to derive the data required for the calculation.

:::a:::

Un******
HSC
danz90 said:
There wasn't an ethanol question last year, meaning this year its guaranteed to be in there.

- Purifying/Sanitising Water

- Possibly AAS

- Haber Process (DEFINITELY - wasn't in short answers part last year)

- Modelling Ionisation of Acids (my personal prediction)
meaning what?

danz90

HSC
:::a::: said:
meaning what?
Interaction between acid molecules/water molecules, equilibria.. and actually physically modelling this.

irnirn

HSC
Long response q's are going to be based on:
**contribution of the chemists(Davy, Volta etc)
**first-hand investigation(fermentation)

SkimDawg

Feeling Good
HSC
I reckon something on CFC and ozone will bein it this year, maybe not ext. response though. At least two pracs for core, and (if unlucky) two pracs for shipwrecks. A decent sized haber process question sounds likely, was it even mentioned last year? And some eutrophication in the short answer. My pro predictions

heybashme

HSC
JasonNg1025 said:
Subsection 4 of the second module
oh ok thanks yeh thats davy would anybody like to tell me where volta is...ive been looking through the whole syllabus and cant seem to find him

kangms

HSC
Volta is not in the syllabus. APPARENTLY, i have NEVER seen a question on Buffers for short/long answer questions. I'm afraid that is going to be in it for a 4-6 marker. Like, how Buffers occur naturally and is required by humans and write the equation for it and that.

kangms

HSC
heybashme said:
oh ok thanks yeh thats davy would anybody like to tell me where volta is...ive been looking through the whole syllabus and cant seem to find him
I'm pretty sure that Volta was in the Preliminary syllabus but not in HSC. Yea. He was in preliminary either for Physics or Chemistry. He was the guy who experimented with frogs and thought that frogs can conduct electricity. YOU DO NOT NEED TO KNOW THIS.

shanks27

HSC
when you say "modelling the ionisation of acids, do u jst mean describe of show say an acidic oxide and water forming an acid, or the reaction of an acid and water forming H+ etc

heybashme

HSC
Thanks for clearing that up guys...back to study... gud luck to you all for tomorrow

danz90

HSC
shanks27 said:
when you say "modelling the ionisation of acids, do u jst mean describe of show say an acidic oxide and water forming an acid, or the reaction of an acid and water forming H+ etc
Reaction of acid and water forming hydronium :)

shanks27

HSC
ah k yeh that is fine, i think that has been in previous exams jst indirectly. Also Volta and Davy are in the syllabus, In Shipwrecks there are 2 massive DP on them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)