HSC 2008 ancient history students topics (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

Bainesy said:
and your site is in german, who knows what is, and what isnt, on there.
You can choose to reject my help if you want, but I hadn't even heard of that Bellemore guy until I googled him. To be honest, I'm probably better acquainted with the primary evidence of Hatshepsut than him.

Then again, considering you missed

AIGYPTOS is now also available in English. Click the flag to switch to the English version.

on the site, I suspect it doesn't really matter what I say to you? *shrug*

Edit: To cut a long story short, I generally know what I'm talking about when it comes to these things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bainesy

HSC
PwarYuex said:
I generally know what I'm talking about when it comes to these things.
now dont be too modest there mate

and I clicked that big flag you posted up but nothing happened. like wtf?

X

xeuyrawp

Bainesy said:
now dont be too modest there mate
Have had this discussion on and off for the past four years. You could ask what Bellemore's studied, what he's researched, what he's published... Either he's the first Egyptologist I've ever heard of who hasn't studied, researched, and published in about Egyptology, or my opinion doesn't matter. Blah blah blah blah blah, typical stuff you're supposed to know by year 12, but which people always argue about.

Like I said, I don't give a fuck if you don't take my advice. :) Just don't want people on the forum to follow idiotic ways.

and I clicked that big flag you posted up but nothing happened. like wtf?
That's because it's an image, not a link... :-/ I just copied the text.

If you can't figure it out, you can go here for the English version, which you get to by clicking on the massive flag on the website...

Marinatos

HSC
Core Study: Cities of Vesuvius - Pompeii and Herculaneum
Society: Minoan Crete
Personality: Harshepsut
Historical Period: The fall of the Republic 78-31BC

leclassique

HSC
Society: Sparta
Personality: Xerxes
Historical period: Greek world 500 - 440BC

SiN3m

HSC
all better than

New kingdom Egypt
Hatshepsut
18th Dynasy upto Death of Thutmose IV (i think...damn

Breezy4

HSC
Hey guys..

I would appreciate some notes on pompeii and herculaneum if anyone has any, it would be a big help!! Especially on the phsycial enviornment and hisotry of excavations???

Huge fan and studied lots on Miltiades if any needs a hand on him in the greek world 500-440 BC.

keep studying guys!!

CHEERS,
BrEeZi
xox

BoyNextDoor

HSC
Core: Pompeii & Herculaneum
Society: Ramesside Period
Time Period: New Kingdom Egypt to the Death of Thutmose IV
Personality: Hatshepsut

Everything is on Egypt apart from our Core! lolz

SiN3m

HSC
BoyNextDoor said:
Society: Ramesside Period
Time Period: New Kingdom Egypt to the Death of Thutmose IV

Everything is on Egypt apart from our Core! lolz
doesn't make you sick of ancient egypt? i know they do it to it easier for us, since we already know the back ground but man i'm bored of it....

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
sigh i feel for those doing egypt i really do i dont know why but its so BOORRRRIINNNGGGGG by comparsion to other things.

cait33

Doctor's Companion
HSC
sparta, greek world 500-440, xerxes, core
over greece!
have been doing greek topics since elective history and now ancient. how i would love some rome or egypt as balance
too bad my teacher is some expert on the topic or something... doesn't mean she teaches any better

j3nay08

HSC
Time Period: Greek World 500-450BC

X

xeuyrawp

obimoshman1234 said:
sigh i feel for those doing egypt i really do i dont know why but its so BOORRRRIINNNGGGGG by comparsion to other things.
You may not be suited to it, or you may just have a boring teacher.

I remember being slightly bored by Egypt in the HSC, and almost giving up the study of it. The inherent problem of the HSC Egyptian stuff is that it looks at periods with relative continuity.

When you start putting Ramesside society in perspective of the broader New Kingdom, and the New Kingdom in perspective of pharaonic history, you really see great things.

Another thing is that one really can't appreciate Egyptian pharaohs unless you've invested time into understanding the culture. For example, I remember my teacher telling us about the kings' names, and me not giving a shit / not understanding why it matters. Then I studied the language and realised how important the names are - Hatshepsut chose her to imply that it is truth (maat) that is the soul (ka) of Re. Truth is a feminine noun and deity, so she was basically saying that a female can be a ruler, and that she was a true ruler. Then Horemheb chose a name that basically showed that he was chosen of the two important gods of the time (Amun and Re), as opposed to the Aten. In fact, Horemheb means "Horus is in festival" - ie, he's very happy. Part of his other name, Djoserkheperw, means "Holy are the manifestations of Re" - note manifestations, not manifestation (ie the Aten). It's a clear message that there are many forms of the sun god, not one.

Anyway, my point is that it seems all the same and boring at first, but then you realise that it's great. :)

SpoonSamba

HSC
Core: Pomp n Herc

Period: Julio-Claudians

Personality: Ramesses II (die bitch)

Society: Athens in the time or Pericles

BoyNextDoor

HSC
SiN3m said:
doesn't make you sick of ancient egypt? i know they do it to it easier for us, since we already know the back ground but man i'm bored of it....
Yup, definitely!
At times I really get sick and tired of it....sometimes its alright though. But yeah, I wish the Chinese history was part of the course.

SiN3m

HSC
BoyNextDoor said:
Yup, definitely!
At times I really get sick and tired of it....sometimes its alright though. But yeah, I wish the Chinese history was part of the course.
yeah so now i've thrown myself into P&H study even though i should focus more on NKE

i just went crazy when i saw Hannibal as one of the personalities.... i luv that guy...

Last edited:

expertdkx

B.IT Network Security
HSC
Uni Grad
our school Fairvale High School

Pompeii and Herculaneum
Historical Period: New Kingdom Egypt: Amenhotep III to the death of Ramses II
Personality: Akhenaten
Ancient Society: Sparta

rarabby

HSC
live.fast
can you please help me with ancient history i am really struggling also anyone else who has good study notes on the persians wars please help me !!!

Period of time: : Persian wars
Core: Herculaneum & Pompei
Personality: Agrippina the Younger

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)